Spectras 100

spectra

Ok a few more blue pics.................

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

and some bubbles.........

IMG_3228.jpg

Pretty much decimated the garage tank for the zoas and sold off a few pieces........I am just happy to get them off the racks.......there are still zoas growing on the glass though in the 40 :laugh:  IMG_2258.jpg

Awesome zoa growth, do share your secret?  PM is ok ;)

[language filter] I forgot to go inside and check this out again

You need a ticket :laugh:

Looking good, Scott!

I love the gorgonians. We need to trade gorgs sometime.

Thanks and looking for more......waiting for KP to get something in and going to order more..... I have a bunch more in the wifes IM 30 also.

Wow, Scott!  How did I miss this post?  Looking good.  Is that a bounce mushroom?  Really?

Maybe :D

Awesome zoa growth, do share your secret?  PM is ok ;)

No secrete I just love to feed the tank :laugh: some things grow great and others well...........

Very nice Spectra!  Are you planning on adding more rock?  I love the open look.  Plenty of room for your awesome LPS selection.

Thanks and no more rock. I have probably 15 more pounds or so in the fuge. I also have 20lbs of sand and macros in there to. All lit buy a nanobox tide........basically just another little aquarium down below. I will post pics of that soon.

Everything I got from you is doing great

Good to hear!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those gorgonians look great!  What do you feed?

Nothing special really I just feed the fish Mysis and brine shrimp every day. I will switch it up and add a cube of cyclops, rotos or squirt some phyto or roe in sometimes. Also a pinch of coral frenzy if I remember in the mornings sometimes. I try to mix it up. I am sure I over feed but things seem happy and algae is staying in check.

• 6 months later...

Well its been a while but just tossing a few pics up here........looks like photobucket has screwed me and well not paying to get my pics back......

Just a few random pics I grabbed tonight.......need to get a full tank shot as things have well overtaken the tank :laugh:

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3897.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well its been a while and things have really changed in this tank........and not the best either.......Have never been one to test all the time and water changes well maybe every 6 months or so. Anyway things were going great and looking the same until I ran out of calcium in the 2 part.......anyway long story short sps doesnt like that......ended up with die off and then the dreaded algae bloom.....so re booted with new sand and new rock. Saved a few choice pieces and the rest went away.

some older pics right before the issues.....IMG_5830.jpgIMG_5831.jpgIMG_5832.jpgIMG_5833.jpgIMG_5834 - Copy.JPGIMG_5836 - Copy.jpgIMG_5837.jpg

The tank today.......waiting for a cycle.....

IMG_6324.jpgIMG_6327.jpgIMG_6333.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Dang, sorry to hear that Scott.  I think I recognized your big green brain in Jeff's new T-5 lit display.  I like your new arch though.  I'm sure you'll get it looking great again in no time. 

Thanks! and well my fault.......yes clam and trachy are at Jeffs.

Thought I could keep a few pieces in a temp tank but there not looking so good either so........may just be a total re do on everything......

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, spectra said:

Thanks! and well my fault.......yes clam and trachy are at Jeffs.

Thought I could keep a few pieces in a temp tank but there not looking so good either so........may just be a total re do on everything......

Well shoot - sorry to hear about the crash Scott.  At least it sounds like yours was a bit easier to track down (not that that lessens the pain).  Good luck on the reboot.  If I wasn't in the process myself I would be happy to throw some things your way although I do have some zoas if you want to frag them.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, albertareef said:

Well shoot - sorry to hear about the crash Scott.  At least it sounds like yours was a bit easier to track down (not that that lessens the pain).  Good luck on the reboot.  If I wasn't in the process myself I would be happy to throw some things your way although I do have some zoas if you want to frag them.

All my zoas survived just fine acans are doing great......shrooms are fine......it was just the SPS that are not happy.

Thanks for the offer!

1 hour ago, spectra said:

All my zoas survived just fine acans are doing great......shrooms are fine......it was just the SPS that are not happy.

Thanks for the offer!

Haha - figures.  Likewise here - they were the one thing that just didn't seem to care.  No wonder their popular!  Well, that and all the cool colors and fancy names and...

• Like 1