55G Tank w/ 15 or 20G Sump Looking for Protein Skimmer

katarian

Hello Everyone,

So as I previously told I am setting up a 55G tank. Now I have decided to setup a sump for it as well. But it won't be any bigger than a 15 or 20g tank, so I am looking for a Protein Skimmer for it. Something that is rated for 75G or 100G. I am afraid I won't be able to place a skimmer any bigger than that inside the sump. So if you guys are trying to get rid of your skimmer, let me know.

Thank you,

Nakul

I'm about to pull my little sca301 out of my tank. It's a little less than what you're looking for. I think they're rated to 65 gallons. You can have it for 40$ if you want to give it a try though.

Hey Jack,

I might be interested in it. What's the location?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Katarian I think you would b better off with powder blues sca 302. A 301 is def too small in my opinion. You shoul always overshoot your skimmer by double at least so if you are running a tank with total volume of say 100 gallon. Go for omething rated up to 180 or so. Skimmers are usually overrated

I'm about to pull my little sca301 out of my tank. It's a little less than what you're looking for. I think they're rated to 65 gallons. You can have it for 40$ if you want to give it a try though.

Jack this seems right about the right size for my 40 gallon breeder. I could grab this from you

Katarian I think you would b better off with powder blues sca 302. A 301 is def too small in my opinion. You shoul always overshoot your skimmer by double at least so if you are running a tank with total volume of say 100 gallon. Go for omething rated up to 180 or so. Skimmers are usually overrated

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at 302, but a new one is way out of my budget at the moment. I asked a few people about 301 after Jack responded, and they all say it'll be fine for my setup.

But I'm open to more suggestions. It's going to be my first ever aquarium, and I am really tight on budget.

ive got the 302 im selling for 100 bucks

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hi PowderBlue,

I'd totally take it, if you can come a little lower on the price. Money is a major issue for us at the moment, and we still got a lot of stuff to add to the setup to get the aquarium going.

Let me know :)

Thanks

No problem. Ive got other equipment as well but most of it is higher end gear.

I'll follow you on here so if I ever need anything I can get in touch with you.

On the other note, would you have an aquarium stand large enough to hold a 55g tank? The stand I have right now won't hold a sump a large enough sump underneath it.

I dont have any stands right now but i buy and sell a lot if stuff so if i come across one ill let you know. I have a 55 gallon tank, a 29 gallon biocube, a few kessil leds, a chiller, some older mag return pumps

Okay, I'll keep that in mind :)

Thank you again