Our heat pump is installed!

siskiou

Of course, it proceeded to immediately turn our house into a walk in freezer and wouldn't stop at the designated temperature, so we had to shut it off for today. (flame)

The guys will come out again tomorrow morning to see what the problem is ( most likely the thermostat).

Of course, it proceeded to immediately turn our house into a walk in freezer and wouldn't stop at the designated temperature, so we had to shut it off for today. (flame)

The guys will come out again tomorrow morning to see what the problem is ( most likely the thermostat).

keep me posted on your heat pump...i have looked into them and hear the are a much better choice then central air and heat....plus much cheaper. I am curious to see how it works in the winter!

Kris

keep me posted on your heat pump...i have looked into them and hear the are a much better choice then central air and heat....plus much cheaper. I am curious to see how it works in the winter!

Kris

I had a heat pump for several years when I lived in a new manufactured home (the worst mistake that I ever made). I liked the heat pump though. It was really nice and cool in the summer, and it was warm in the winter. The only thing that I thought was odd was that it needed to "thaw out" every now and then, which made out "electrical" heat come on so it could do a reverse cycle. The reverse cycle would warm the outside unit (cooling the inside), so it could melt any frost build-up on the outside. Since it was essentially cooling the inside of the house it needed to also run the electrical furnace to warm the air so it did not get cooler inside the house. I always wondered if it wouldn't just be easier to keep the heat pump off and just run the electric furnace only... ???

dsoz :)