Son's 250 gallon SPS dominant tank!

beer503

Well, I didn't make a build thread for my old 105DSA rimless tank. So i figured i would make a build thread for this new 250g build so i can keep track of the building progress.  

I purchased Steve's 250g envision tank last month (great guy to deal with btw).  It's been soaking in vinegar for 2 weeks and I just got some free time to clean it last week.  

This tank will be 90% SPS (i'm acroholic), a small island of zoa and some colorful torch, and maybe a nice elegance coral, and maybe a few nice acan :)

Tank: 72"x36"x25" Envision acrylic tank with build in external overflow (gonna plumb bean animal over flow)

Stand: 72"x36"x34" steel stand with black power coating, build by scott (spectra)

Sump: 55"x22"x16" acrylic tank 4 chambers. Gonna use the big chamber in the middle as frag tank later. 

Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra L1 

Circulation: 4 Ecotech MP40 QD

Skimmer: Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS

Calcium Reactor: GEO 618

Lighting: 60" ATI Powermodule Hybrid

I'd like to thanks Tom (caolewis) and Minh (rolekii) for all the help with the new build.  Also thanks Jeff @ cuttlefish and corals for giving me great advice on the new build and ordering awesome equipment for me 

Thanks Steve for having his guys delivered the tank to my garage lol 

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Tank and sump cleaned after 2 weeks of vinegar bath! 

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Taking advantage of the hot weekend and clean out all the rocks.  Rocks have been in the vinegar bath for 2 weeks as well.

IMG_1057.jpg

Dollar tree only have pink gloves that day... oh well

IMG_1071.jpg

Gonna try to finish buffing out the tank this weekend. Gonna be fun with 100 degree outside. 

IMG_7579.jpg

Reinforced my floor for extra support while waiting for the stand to be done.  

IMG_7574.jpg

• Like 10

Looking good my friend, awesome to see that Steve's tank is back in action and still in the club. And I must say, you have much more room underneath your house than I do. You sure you don't want to wait to buff the tank until next week, 100 degrees weather can make an easy job much harder.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more on the build and the coral choices that make it into the tank.

• Like 1

Looking good my friend, awesome to see that Steve's tank is back in action and still in the club. And I must say, you have much more room underneath your house than I do. You sure you don't want to wait to buff the tank until next week, 100 degrees weather can make an easy job much harder.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more on the build and the coral choices that make it into the tank.

Thanks Bert! Almost tempting to drill through my floor and do a sump in the garage :) you know me, any sps with colors will make it in the tank haha

Glad to see your back in it Son and bigger and better! Your chalices are doing well for me. Sadly the torch was taken out by the ricordias that Steve gave me.

The pink gloves should stay!

Kim! Sorry about the gold torch! You know jeff gets them in often and i got mine from jeff a while back too! I might hit you up for a few eyes of the pink boobies later :)

Thanks bud! We might have our tank up at the same time! When they gonna deliver your tank??

At this point looks like you're ahead. I'm not sure when my tank will be ready yet. This upcoming Tuesday will be my six weeks wait time. Just gonna hang back and see what happens.

Beer503 and Jorge. Here is coral hand - high 5 for you 2.

acid_zpscqbrs6wf.jpg

Be careful not to add big fish in there! The problem with running low kh is sps become brittle! You dont want a fish farts and break a big chunk out of that piece then i will have to take it :)
  • Like 5

lookin good Son! I have your old sump in my garage right now haha. Cant wait to see what you do with this tank. Your last one was awesome

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks Randall! Gonna take it slow this time and qt everything! Well maybe just ttm for fish and qt corals for 3 weeks

Kim! Sorry about the gold torch! You know jeff gets them in often and i got mine from jeff a while back too! I might hit you up for a few eyes of the pink boobies later :)

It happens especially in a crowded 20! I don't have the pink boobies ! (Insert any off color 12 year old joke here) you sold that to markvo but you can have any of the other ones!

• Like 1

Hi! 

New Member, here- and congrats on the tank!

My husband and I are in the process of setting up a 240 gallon display tank right now, and your floor supports caught my eye. 

Could you tell me a little bit more on what you did there?  

Can't wait to see the rest of your build :D

• Like 1

You can get the pier blocks and 4x4 from home depot! My tank is sitting on two 4x8" connect to the foundation! I probabaly can get away without the floor reinforced but i did it anyway to prevent sagging in the future! Is your 240g standard 8x2x2?

You can get the pier blocks and 4x4 from home depot! My tank is sitting on two 4x8" connect to the foundation! I probabaly can get away without the floor reinforced but i did it anyway to prevent sagging in the future! Is your 240g standard 8x2x2?

Our tank is 6ft long X 2ft wide x 2.5 ft deep. Starfire glass too :) Will be delivered this coming Thursday, so we have time to reinforce everything this weekend. The Home Depot is becoming our home away from home. The guys recognize us now  :laugh:

@ Ravenday! Lol wait until you start plumbing then there will be alot more trips to hd! For the supports colums! You can eithet use 4x4 or buy the adjustable colums from hd like Michale did tonhis floor here! It is a bit more expensive but make the job much easier

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/36418-zwickms-120-gallon-build-thread/page-3?

• Like 1

Sweet thanks! My husband ran to hd yesterday and got a couple 8' 4X4s... I think he's excited for us to do some reinforcing. We'll start a tank build thread soon and there will be pictures galore! Thanks for your help :) How's your setup coming along? 

• Like 1