What are you good at besides reefing?

TheClark

I'm pretty much a master with my hands. Been in the construction field nearly 30 years. I can build a Highrise from the ground up. I possess an inherent ability to pick up on anything in the trades. Otherwise I'm a [language filter] good bass fisherman. Never could sit and wait for one big salmon, I'd rather fight 40-50 bass any day of the week. And better yet I have a wife that loves it just as much.

• Like 3

Just got into reefing back in November but that's just one more iron in the fire! [emoji1] I have too many hobbies! I'm currently building a '27 Ford Roadster. Working on. DIY tank controller. Private pilot. RC vehicles. I try not to pay anyone to do something that I can do myself. Self taught machinist (lathe and mill). Can MIG weld and trying to learn TIG (decent on steel not so much on aluminum). And to top it off DIY embedded electronics stuff (Arduino).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Can't say I'm real good at reefing, but definitely addicted. It goes hand in hand with pissing off the mrs. She went for training a couple years to Georgia for 4 days and I through a 180 in the living room wall. I'm a firm believer in "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I have to go to DMB every year at the gorge. I love gaming, but don't have much time for it anymore. Oddly enough I still have to upgrade/rebuild my computer every couple years as if I still play a lot.

• Like 3

THe

TheClark,

Commonly, what language do you use for your job?

Whatever it takes!  

These days it is Java for the server side.  Javascript and html for the front end via Angular and such...

Java is a great teaching language.  The web front end javascript is still a little wild west to me.

I'm pretty much a master with my hands. Been in the construction field nearly 30 years. I can build a Highrise from the ground up. I possess an inherent ability to pick up on anything in the trades. Otherwise I'm a [language filter] good bass fisherman. Never could sit and wait for one big salmon, I'd rather fight 40-50 bass any day of the week. And better yet I have a wife that loves it just as much.

That is awesome, great skills to have.  And Bass are too fun, I bet you small mouth fish in the Columbia.  That is my son's favorite fishing.

Amen, like this:

COyNHM-XAAAwwYk.png

Yep. Heard it all daily for the most part...And I didn't know Emerald is a doctor cool... I was once in another life a EMT and a veterinarian lab tech. Hmmmm funny how I ended up as QA never saw that coming in life plans..
  • Like 2

Yep. Heard it all daily for the most part...And I didn't know Emerald is a doctor cool... I was once in another life a EMT and a veterinarian lab tech. Hmmmm funny how I ended up as QA never saw that coming in life plans..

This is only funny to software people, and maybe just a tad too real for QA!  

I never try to go through the six stages of debugging if possible, our QA peope are top notch.  I just jump to number 6!

• Like 1

Can't say I'm real good at reefing, but definitely addicted. It goes hand in hand with pissing off the mrs. She went for training a couple years to Georgia for 4 days and I through a 180 in the living room wall. I'm a firm believer in "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I have to go to DMB every year at the gorge. I love gaming, but don't have much time for it anymore. Oddly enough I still have to upgrade/rebuild my computer every couple years as if I still play a lot.

Ha ha wow I bet the wife doesn't leave town much now! That's awesome! :)

• Like 2

I am also not a good reefer but I am really good at laying around and watching television. I will fish for anything that swims and am pretty effective at every kind of fishing from Tuna, sturgeon, halibut to 4 inch native cut ths at 4,000 feet on a size 20 fly. I collect morel mushrooms in the spring and mautsutaki, chanterelles, bolets and cauliflower and lobsters in the fall. Maybe a few more kinds if I happen to run across.

Some years I will go gather oregon white and black truffles in the winter. Wish the market was stronger for them. Find tons but nobody will buy them at a price that makes it worth it.

Let's see, I elk hunt and deer hunt. Look for sheds in the late winter. I have an asteroid machine. Used to be good at it but have only played the one I bought a handful of times. For work I have been in the liquor industry for 17 years. Used to be a lead foreman at freight liner for 8 years and was a cobbler for 8 years and had a few jobs in between. And to this day I hate work

Oh and I love walks on the beach in the rain and snuggling up naked next to the fire to read a good romance novel.

Edited by fishboys
  • Like 4

My claim to fame is procrastination. Lol

While you do that well you are also excellent at reefing and finding diamonds in the rough sps that then turn into gold!

Matt is also a pretty handy guy and has helped me many a time. I think of you fondly every time my LED outdoor lights go on with a passing car! :)

My claim to fame is procrastination. Lol

Whatever....  you are a very skilled individual... and Jeremy... if you think i am bad about having too many hobbies.... chat with Matt for awhile.  He is worse than me!!!!

• Like 1

I'm a mechanical engineer. Sometimes it actually comes in handy when I need to fix something. Or building my own parts. I don't have access to a machine shop anymore but I'm pretty good at machining. Flow simulation......Programming..... taking care of dogs. I think having a fish tank has consumed other hobbies of mine or at a minimum it has combinated them. 

• Like 2

At home, we do lots of home renovations. Planning a yard project that will likely include a seasonal creek, small pond and gazebo/fire pit over the pond.

By day, I develop and maintain code and equipment for laboratory automation in the biotech industry. Basically, I make robots do the biology for us. I says think about switching to full time software dev, but do far, I'm pretty happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh I almost forgot I have been an average father for almost 23 years and have been a husband for almost 25. I am still married to my future first ex wife. Does that count for anything anymore.? Oh and I've been faithful on top of it, crazy huh.

Something must be wrong with me but that's another thread. I will have to start another thread about what other than reefing are you not good at. I am sure I could fill a few pages with that one. When I have a few weeks I will definitively start that thread.

Edited by fishboys

I enjoy experimenting and designing things, whether it's a meal, a cocktail or a garden space. My wife and I spent a few years designing and building a backyard retreat that was highlighted in a Sunday spread in the Oregonian recently. The photography is mine, which is another hobby that gobbles money....

ce1f89aa2b7782a40883c2a6ae5224a8.jpg

d4df8b1df44aa0cd6f0840e52bb2f7a5.jpg

• Like 5

Well I use to be a avid gamer. Use to be tho I haven't been playing games much in the last 4 months or more. I'm also very into building computers. I can't do that right now tho since my money goes to my tank.

On the job side I usually keep it on the DL but I am a Communications Technician with Comcast.

That is awesome, great skills to have. And Bass are too fun, I bet you small mouth fish in the Columbia. That is my son's favorite fishing.

He's a smart boy! Actually most of my fishing is done in the willamette, and private ponds for some hawg largemouth. I'm really itching to try the Oregon city area (falls). Anyone ever have luck there?

I'm a mechanical engineer for work, but mountain biking is my passion during the time of year that reefing takes a back seat. I'm very mechanically inclined, so I've always enjoyed working on cars and bikes. I guess that's part of what draws me to the technical side of reefing too

• Like 3