What are you good at besides reefing?

TheClark

Kind of interesting to know as most reef keepers have another hobby or skill.

I used to salmon and steelhead fish like a maniac, but those times were mostly replaced with reefkeeping.

For the day job I am a software engineer going on... whew... allot of years now.  

For those old computer people... I was writing production software back when Windows 3.11 came out and thought a 486Dx2 was pretty amazing!  

• Like 4

I'm an avid gardener. I built a koi pond about 8 years ago and it's going very well and has really filled in well. I am a die hard DIY guy and I built a wood fired pizza oven last week. Just did a test run Sunday. Worked really well[emoji3]5e777d175b49aee00052a61e34cf209e.jpg61b536bb7781ad5d8b670af5edcaf0cd.jpg

• Like 5

Man, living in PNW is not easy.  Gotta find things to clear your mind.  For me.

1.  Fishing on both boat and bank ( Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring Salmon and Surf fishing).

2.  SPS dominated.   Why?  cause they are like science project and weekly tank cleaning/maintaining keep me in shape (especially Winter slow hibernate time)

3.  Guns, when others are slow down, Time to get out of the house to have some fun.

4.  Beers: not much but daily a bottle :-)

5.  School & Science: may be at some point when I am too old for the item 1 & 2 :-)

Edited by caolewis
  • Like 1

I'm good at remembing lyrics to 80's songs... :happy:  Comes in handy for Karaoke but I don't sing well... :agree:

I'm good with word games

I may know a thing or 2 medically... :agree:

I'm great at wasting time on this forum with emoticons like this... :rolleyes:

I"m pretty good with dogs and used to do obedience trials when I had more free time :) (never did agility work)

I would love to get to know someone who is good with horses because I would really like to lease a horse and start learning how to ride one instead of just the trail rides where the horses go in a long line nose to butt... :unsure:

And Jorge I imagine you have developed many skills in your military work... :applause:

I'm not very good at computers... :comp:

• Like 5

I never claimed to be good at reefing! More than 20 years and I still feel overwhelmed with everything there is still to learn!

Though another hobby that does not require so much knowledge I like to do is Restoring Arcade machines, this was my last 1 from a couple years ago when I had more time :)

20131022_140406.jpg

• Like 2

I never claimed to be good at reefing! More than 20 years and I still feel overwhelmed with everything there is still to learn!

Though another hobby that does not require so much knowledge I like to do is Restoring Arcade machines, this was my last 1 from a couple years ago when I had more time :)

20131022_140406.jpg

My buddy has done this for years......  he's now into pinballs mostly.... he still builds some multicades....   

I am like to do whatever keeps me busy!  Gaming, web graphics, RC cars, Airsoft, ATVs .... pretty much anything having to do with the outdoors.....  with or without a motor....

i am also a DIYer and really enjoy working on my house.  From fixing stuff to adding craftsman style woodwork.... to landscaping, which is what i am in the middle of now.

• Like 5

My buddy has done this for years......  he's now into pinballs mostly.... he still builds some multicades....   

If you look at the back wall in the picture you will see an Alien Poker pin Playfield I restored and slowly restoring the machine, as for MultiCades I built this one from ground up years ago..... will never do that again.

Arcade+Cab.jpg

I'm good at remembing lyrics to 80's songs... :happy:  Comes in handy for Karaoke but I don't sing well... :agree:

I'm good with word games

I may know a thing or 2 medically... :agree:

I'm great at wasting time on this forum with emoticons like this... :rolleyes:

I"m pretty good with dogs and used to do obedience trials when I had more free time :) (never did agility work)

I would love to get to know someone who is good with horses because I would really like to lease a horse and start learning how to ride one instead of just the trail rides where the horses go in a long line nose to butt... :unsure:

And Jorge I imagine you have developed many skills in your military work... :applause:

I'm not very good at computers... :comp:

Doctor, she is a doctor people!  And modest about it :)

And I learned allot more about her, very cool post!

• Like 1

Sweet, blast from the past!!  I could never get far on that game, blasted fire things would chase me around :)

image_zpswfkfugtx.jpeg

I spend way too much time tinkering with this thing. I've had it for 12 years now it makes me much happier than it should.

That reminds me of an old Honda trail 110 we had, sweet little gas sipping bike.  Where do you ride this guy?  You have never rolled up with bags of coral in those containers that I recall??!!

I am like to do whatever keeps me busy!  Gaming, web graphics, RC cars, Airsoft, ATVs .... pretty much anything having to do with the outdoors.....  with or without a motor....

i am also a DIYer and really enjoy working on my house.  From fixing stuff to adding craftsman style woodwork.... to landscaping, which is what i am in the middle of now.

You are into pretty much everything I have learned about you over the years.  A great guy to know because if you are getting into a hobby odds are Adam knows allot about it!  :)

• Like 1

THe

Kind of interesting to know as most reef keepers have another hobby or skill.

I used to salmon and steelhead fish like a maniac, but those times were mostly replaced with reefkeeping.

For the day job I am a software engineer going on... whew... allot of years now.  

For those old computer people... I was writing production software back when Windows 3.11 came out and thought a 486Dx2 was pretty amazing!  

TheClark,

Commonly, what language do you use for your job?

20131022_140406.jpg

I am pretty good at this game. My hi score is 335k. If you still have this machine and are ever interested in selling let me know!

• Like 2