235gal rimless build

danlu_gt

I was browsing around liveaquaria and happened to look at crosshatch triggers. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for that pair? Those are crazy expensive!!!

These were a lot more since their regular ones were out of stock. Found them in the Driver's Den section. It took 4 months of checking every few days. Guess it's not something they carry regularly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The new algae scrubber is looking great Daniel, and the tank is really coming along too, one day I gotta check it out in person. I love reef projects and you sir are always doing something.

For sure, let me know when your up in this port of town.

Any updates on the potential spawning? Are they still guarding that one area of the tank? It looked pretty convincing from the video you posted.

I found this article about rearing triggers:

https://reefbuilders.com/2011/10/16/captive-bred-crosshatch-triggerfish/

Pretty much matches what they described. They guard the eggs for about a day. Rearing the babies seem very difficult. I'm sure my cardinals have already gobbled them up now. :(

If anyone have small enough live food, I can try to cup some out next batch for you to try rearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made a social box, 20"x9"x7" with 2 dividers and easy release front panel. I'll probably secure it with magnets toward the top of my tank. Hopefully, this will allow me to transfer the 3 smaller tangs from frag tank to DT without getting beat up.

0341601e43a21e07919bfd1d634c25f6.jpg

• Like 1

Rearranged some corals today. Move the neon greens bird's nest down so the BTA is not hidden anymore. Originally I placed it up there as a fence to keep my BTA from sting other sps. Now, that I have another rocks to put sps, time to let the nem out. This way I can actually see my clowns too.

Added more sand in the front. Normally, I like real shadow sand bed but the front center been bare due to strong wave pumps. Love the white sand look. Last time I disturbed the sand, got an 2+ month dinoflagellates outbreak. Hoping this time Dino stay at bay.

Water is still cloudy from new sand. Now there's more open space for my triggers, hoping they won't knock my corals off as much.

0fa9347315a3e319d5b6ac6fe683896b.jpg

fe31e73102e72427437166d1710e2ff8.jpg

91b79ab16e1976a1188d80334d347c5d.jpg

d6cd3337f174e5403d6a22e591cebd0e.jpg

• Like 1