Mr. Bret & Softy's Sakura Growout - Official Thread -

Would Tuesday, Thursday or Friday work for you to pick up that frag?

And you don't have any blue hornets left do you!? Would love some if so.

Tuesday would work, and yes there are a few blue hornet frags. I'll pm you my cell number.

15346dd29e94831a2a7662cb12bf1d07_zpsw4eo

dd0b621293f53b193309b5c3d504cbe3_zpshp67

Ok so here is my initial post

200 total volume

125 pounds live rock

Orphek Helix 300 (DC)

ATI sunpower 12. Bulbs 7 blue +,2 actinic , 1purple + 1 coral +, 1 aquablue special (run 8 hours)

DIY LED stunner strip CREE Royal Blues, blues and UV (run 12 hours)

GEOreefs CA reactor

JEbao DCT15000 return pump

4 MP40 quiet drive conversions

FUll Apex with PM2/breakout box, WXM etc

TEMP 78.1

SG 1.025

Alk 8.3

Mag 1425

Cal 470

NO3 .25

PO4 .02

Feed

LRS

SPIRULINA brine

MYsis

Nori

Dose MECorals Amin acids every other day 10 mil

I will be posting the photo thread process soon.  Please do not post in here!!  You will each be creating your own threads.  This main thread will be for questions and comments.  I want to keep this clean and organized.  This grow out is in it's own category, so we can create new threads with pics, questions, comments.  

Pic posting will start 5 days prior to June 1st.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!!

The grow out photo thread will be opened up for posting at midnight.  Everyone will create a new topic with their monthly pictures in it.  I will post an example in the thread for everyone to follow.  I am doing it this way to allow for an organized method for us to view everyones entries while allowing for comments and additional posts.  I find that having to read through a massive thread in order to ensure that everyone is posting pics to be cumbersome.  This will also keep things easy to read once the comments come in.

On June 6th, i will be posting a poll.  This poll will be for your prize....  yes... i said a poll for your prize.

I have selected several items that will be the first place prize for this event.  All of the participants of this grow out will have the opportunity to vote for what you are all competing for.  I thought i would do things a bit different than what i have seen out there, and I hope that everyone really enjoys this grow out.

GL!!

• Like 2

So I get my very own Sakura Grow Out Thread? Does that mean that the participants threads will show up in the new posts area or will I be looking down in a subforum? Won't my thread be devoid of comments because I am me?..I guess worse comes to worst I can chat with myself like I do at home.

Oh and I hope it does not disqualify me but I picked up Lexinverts frag and it blew off the frag plug in my tank and could not be found. I cut mine and gave him half so he would not be empty handed. Hope that is OK?..If not I understand, rules is rules.

Also I think the reward system you are implementing will make things interesting, without seeing what the poll has included I risk saying Very Cool twist to the contest.

• Like 1

So I get my very own Sakura Grow Out Thread? Does that mean that the participants threads will show up in the new posts area or will I be looking down in a subforum? Won't my thread be devoid of comments because I am me?..I guess worse comes to worst I can chat with myself like I do at home.

Oh and I hope it does not disqualify me but I picked up Lexinverts frag and it blew off the frag plug in my tank and could not be found. I cut mine and gave him half so he would not be empty handed. Hope that is OK?..If not I understand, rules is rules.

Also I think the reward system you are implementing will make things interesting, without seeing what the poll has included I risk saying Very Cool twist to the contest.

Yes, I hope this is ok, for him and for me. The glue spot gave way in Robert's tank and the little sakura heads floated away and got mixed with some of the 8,000 other zoa frags in that system. Now we each have half of the original zoa frag and mine is on a different plug. :fingerscrossed:

First pic forum is now open!!!  a few mins early.

Make your first pic threads in this forum:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forum/130-june-pics-sekura-growout/

Each month I will create a new forum for pics.  This will make clean and simple for me to see whom has posted and to go through pics.  The Forum will be locked at midnight June 5th.

Best of luck to everyone!!

• Like 1