Mr. Bret & Softy's Sakura Growout - Official Thread -

Welcome to Mr. Bret & Softy’s Sakura Growout!!! 2016

This IS the official thread for this contest.

First and foremost, THANK YOU for participating. I know that everyone is getting a good deal on some nice zoos, but I want to thank you for being a member of this club, and choosing to participate in events like these.

Rules for this growout:

1. Your first post must include a quick write up of your system and at least two pics of your frag. You must include a top down and profile. The more pics the better, but at least one of each is required. Failure to post the required content will result in disqualification.

2. You will be required to post photo updates once a month. These pics can be your choice of angle. I recommend more than one pic, but one is all that is required. You will have 5 days before and after the 1st of each month to post your pics. If you cannot post during the required time frame, then please contact Mr. Bret or Softy. This must be done prior to the posting deadline. If you do not contact someone and you do not post up in the required time, you will be disqualified.

3. This competition is meant for fun and friendly competition. Please keep everything on the up and up. No cheating, frag swapping… no funny business at all. You will not only be disqualified from this contest, but possibly from being able to participate in any growouts on this site.

4. The frags must remain on the original plug. You may modify the plug if needed. Placement of the frag can be anywhere you want. You can also move the frag to a different location within the same tank. Moving the frag to a new/different tank is NOT permitted. If the frag is moved to a different system during the contest, the you will be disqualified. One of the goals is to see how the polyps grow over time in different systems.

5. Judging will be based on head count, maturity of polyps, and overall health.

This competition will run for 4 months. The deadline for your first post is June1st, 2016. This gives everyone 3 weeks to pick up your frags and post your system specs and pictures. Failure to post by June 1st, 2016 Midnight will be an automatic disqualification. You always have the option to communicate with Mr. Bret of Softy prior to the deadline if issues occur.

This is a simple contest…. Most of you have likely are already participating in another growout. Pretty easy rules to follow.

What you are all competing for???

That will be posted after the participant list is locked. At that time, I will open this thread for posting. Keep in mind, we are using the money from the buy in to purchase the prizes… so the more the participants, the better the prize!!! This, BTW, will be done a bit differently than the ‘norm’…. more info once the list is locked.

Frags can be picked up starting Saturday May 7th. Mr. Bret will be attending the meeting on the 14th and can distribute frags. Please arrange for payment through Mr. Bret. PayPal and cash are the two forms of payment. Please only pay through PayPal 24hrs prior to pick up. This will help us avoid confusion and spend time tracking down people.

Competition ends October 5th with the 5th and final pics from your frags.

Current List of Participants:

1. PowderBlue---paid/picked up
2. Emerald525 <--- lamer drop out
3. The Clark---paid/picked up
4. rbeyer80---paid/picked up
5. paratore---paid/picked up
6. bubbarockies---paid/picked up
7. milesmiles902---paid/picked up
8. Kenshin---paid/shipped
9. Lexinverts---paid/picked up
10. Spectra---paid/picked up
11. Righttirefire---paid/picked up
12. afautheree---paid/shipped
13. wegotjs---paid/picked up
14. SteveHash-fish20---paid/picked up
15. goldenbasketreef...aka Rudy---paid/picked up
16. fishmanmike01---drop
17. matt ---- drop
18. GOBY---drop
19. jeremy---paid/picked up
20. Rolekii---paid/picked up
21. LC Scott---picking up
22. wmcbane200 ---- drop
23. MJ'S- Reef---paid/picked up
24. Frank---paid/picked up
25. Brian67---paid/picked up
26. nanoreefer---paid/picked up
27. Ssappington---paid/picked up
28. badxgillen---paid/picked up
29. kireek---paid/picked up

Best of Luck to everyone!!

• Like 6

Alright.....  this growout has officially begun.  You can get your frags starting TODAY, 5/7/2016.  Frag pickups can happen at the meeting on May 14th as well.  You will have to communicate with myself or Mr. Bret for the frag to make it to the meeting.  Otherwise, we are in Hillsboro.

2038 NW Aloclek

Dr Suite 223

Hillsboro, OR 97124

Pickups will be by appointment only.  

Please wait until you have scheduled your pickup, to pay for your frags.  This will help us stay organized.

Prizes will be posted after all participants have picked up their frags.

• Like 2

Woohoo! So much for my tank swap. See you monday.

OK here's my official post. 053016.

20 long. Ac50, max setting, running foam and chemi-chemi-pure blue nano. Ac20, min setting, running ice probe chiller. 240gph power head. Preset 100w heater. Fluvel marine reef led with t5 ati atinic suppliment. Misc frags, mostly zoas, 1 acan, some sps. Snails. Sin line wrasse

FTS 053016

20160530_204406_zpsu2795mno.jpg

20160530_204357_zpsjboxhz40.jpg

Front

20160530_204346_zps4kn6kavx.jpg

3 heads, plus a bonus... I got the bastard coral from Bret

Edited by Righttirefire

I'm going to have to back out of this sadly as I'm right in the middle of a tank transfer and I will have a completely different system in the middle of this competition.

I can still get powderblues frag at the meeting.

sadface

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to have to back out of this sadly as I'm right in the middle of a tank transfer and I will have a completely different system in the middle of this competition.

I can still get powderblues frag at the meeting.

She just couldn't handle the pressure of this grow out!!! Lol

sent from a Samsung note 4

She just couldn't handle the pressure of this grow out!!! Lol

sent from a Samsung note 4

Ha ha ! I had no hopes to win! There are too many zoa masters out there zoas grow at an incredible rate but it would have been fun to trash talk!

Ha ha ! I had no hopes to win! There are too many zoa masters that there zoas grow at an incredible rate but it would have been fun to trash talk!

I think Softy was going to do exactly that, lol. Have a plug and play on the side.....just to talk smack.

• Like 2

I'll need a frag whenever they're al, grown out and done

Sassssss!!!!..........you have't posted for ever. I had consider doing a " Where is Sasquatch "  post, lol. 

Nice to see ya post. Part of the reason we choose these to do a grow out is because we have a lot of them. I have a frag for you already. It has a sign on it that says..." FREE, if you have a Castle to put me on.. "   I for one miss seeing the Sasquatch around riding that funky party bike. 

So, you have a frag waiting for ya, Free if you have a tank with a Castle in it to put it on. No Castle, No Frag, No Service!

• Like 2

Sassssss!!!!..........you have't posted for ever. I had consider doing a " Where is Sasquatch " post, lol.

Nice to see ya post. Part of the reason we choose these to do a grow out is because we have a lot of them. I have a frag for you already. It has a sign on it that says..." FREE, if you have a Castle to put me on.. " I for one miss seeing the Sasquatch around riding that funky party bike.

So, you have a frag waiting for ya, Free if you have a tank with a Castle in it to put it on. No Castle, No Frag, No Service!

Well then it's a good thing there is currently a Zoa castle build in progress.. They are still constructing the moat around it and running into technical problems but I'm sure that will be worked out

B1D290C0-C41A-468A-9DD2-C026E565F8E7_zps

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 7

So it turns out I won't be moving as soon as I thought so my new tank won't be up till latter then I though. Like Emerald I'm going to have to back out since I'll be moving tanks in the middle of the competition. I'll be in the next one for sure tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anybody could message me how to become a paid member I'd appreciate it. Then I can pick up my frag.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at the top of the forum.....there is a tab that says " Subscriptions" that will take ya to it.

• Like 1