May 2016 Frag Swap

badxgillen

The May meeting Secrets of Reef Keeping by Richard Ross is coming up!

And as you may or may not know there is going to be a frag swap going on at this event so now is a good time to let me get you in tune with how to have a successful coral exchange.

I personally recommend posting up a picture of what you have to trade and underneath it include a  list of a few things you are interested in for a trade, try to be open as the exact coral you want may not be available at the time but there are many "Fish" in the sea so keep your eyes peeled for something you didn't know you wanted. Once you have negotiated a trade with some one get their club screen name and their real world name and give them yours, this way when you are at the meeting you will be able to identify each other via name tags and the coolers at our sides.

As far as packaging the corals for the swap I would recommend using a small cooler or a styrofoam box for transport. Tupperware are fine if the vehicle is kept warm during travel. I would also advise double bagging the corals especially hard ones with edges or points. And it never hurts to bring a bag of extra water just in case you need it for your frags or you get something unexpected at the swap. 

This is also a time to Share the Love and simply give away or donate corals to those who may need something you don't, should be a decent crowd of reefers there.

So lets get to fragging a few corals folks, its just around the corner and you want those corals to have a bit of healing time right!? I am looking forward to this one.

Also Gotta give a shout out as we are also grateful to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington - Clinton & Gloria John Clubhouse for providing the use of their Auditorium for these exciting events!

****************************************************************************************

Location: Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington - Clinton & Gloria John Clubhouse   

Address: 409 NE Anderson St, Vancouver, WA 98665 – (off  Hazel Dell Ave.)https://www.google.c...dHMDNkQ9RcIfDAL

Date: Saturday, May 14th, 2016

Time: 2:00PM to 5:00PM

Free Admission! Bring your friends!..And Frags ;)

• Like 7

I think I'll be able to make this one!

If this isn't the right place to post for trades, feel free to delete this and I'll post somewhere else :)

Got lots on my hunting list :)

I'm looking for:

-Darth Maul zoa, Goblins Fire, Acid Reflux, White Zombie, Fruit loops, and different agaves. I like anything I don't have and I love when the colors mix all together.

-I'm also looking for blueberry Gargonia

-torch (all colors except green, got that one covered)

-and colorful Goniopora

-acans maybe

Or whatever else you think I might like, as you can see I'm not picky as long as I don't have it haha.

And here are some pictures of stuff I have for trade or sale :)

de6d527a4021561adc9706b1bf7c3345.jpg

borrowed pic from Son, it's superman stag 9cfd66175c4b9f7e6235e21ba641ff83.jpge6b7f8e8b3a16b4b96a459660ed18ee8.jpg0ba35215e0d3ba133aa4b1fae14bdd45.jpgd4615c3e39947618664a27a517e94e03.jpg6f10353cbdb6cbda1cafdce5ec0ead06.jpg3b2070c53e85534299e745ea771465b0.jpgd7e559215a424c0863b9e2a4aeb428e4.jpg270c4ae4c68884b9328c0aa76912f063.jpg7587cd47e17abbbc6ea6f03a6a762b33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAAAAWWW Sh-Zam!!! My man A.Gun comin through for me once again. What can I bring you my friend? More acros? More Zoas? More Favias...More Everything!

DSCF1940_zpsnpdhypu5.jpg

Well hopefully I didn't speak too soon. I guess my father in law is supposed to be visiting that weekend....yikes! I'm going to try to reschedule his visit. I'll keep ya posted.

Hey everyone,

Here are some of the goodies I am willing to trade. Most of them were fragged in the last couple days. Should look better in a couple weeks.

Two heads:

2s7yu8n.jpg

30ac5nc.jpg

ot3jph.jpg

Part of this one:

316vxc0.jpg

Three duncans with about 3-5 heads each, also that zooanthid:

w0ooap.jpg

Some of this birdsnest:

2qk047m.jpg

I am looking for sticks of all types. Small sticks, round stick, colored sticks, sticky sticks.

I am going to be up for the event and don't have much to trade right now, but will be looking for things to buy.  If anyone has any nice pulsing xenia I would love to get some.  Also looking for Acropora millepora and Montipora capricornis (free of nudibranchs or course).  I might be talked into other stuff as well.  

I do have a lot of freshwater fish I could trade if anyone has any non saltwater tanks they are looking to add new fish to and I have some amazing Bettas.  

• Like 1

Will try to make it. My better half is having surgery tomorrow so it will depend on how she feels if I will make it. If I can I will be looking to buy some easy to care for things. Lol oh was just reminded I'm moving tanks this weekend. Ok along with the surgery and moving tanks I will try to be there....

• Like 2

If your asking me if I have some mushrooms to trade unfortunately I don't I had a meltdown in the tank with a ton of my mushrooms all the sudden bleaching/making a run for it or just plain melting. I know that my heater died and I had no idea so my water was cold (below 72)for sometime..and the cat had chewed the cord to the temp probe so I didn't realize it. That's why I'm moving the tank since it basically crashed and I want to changed it up.

I will bring some softies just in case you show up, do you have any mushroom corals up for trade by chance?

And Paratore, is there any chance I could snag a little piece of that superman stag?

I still owe you the superman and lavender mint sarmentosa for the Cali tort and bam Bams you gave me! So of course I have a frag for you! Still not 100% sure I'll make it...again.... I'm buying a truck this weekend and need my dads help getting it. She's a broken truck lol and I need to use his trailer. Anyways if I can't make it, I'll bring your frags back to corvallis this weekend :)