Polyp Extension

reefnjunkie

I've recently started using the ME Corals Polyp Extension in place of acro power, it's their Amino Acid and if you got to their website he's got a video explaining AA which makes sense.

Mine just showed up! If it truly a no3 replacement, those of us that run low nutrients will benefit for sure

I've recently started using the ME Corals Polyp Extension in place of acro power, it's their Amino Acid and if you got to their website he's got a video explaining AA which makes sense.

Interesting! Brad, what do you usually run for NO3 and PO4? Are your nutrients pretty low, or do you believe that Acropower and/or ME Polyp Extension is providing something different?

Now that I have figured out how to keep my nutrients under control in my RSM tanks, I might try one of these amino acid additives again.

My PO4 typically is .02-.03 using Milwaukee ultra low reader my NO3 has been 0 on Salifert to just slightly pink on Red Sea pro, (sorry forget what number that is using the low test kit).

I've used Acro power for the last 1-2 years and the ME AA I can say has made a definite difference in polyp extension. Whether that equates to more growth, it should being I now have more food (NO3) for the corals to feed off of.

I used to constantly say "I don't get much polyp extension in my tank" when people would see it and ask. Now I've got polyp extension on loripes and granulosa acros-time will be the test but for now I'm a "user"

A few years back my pump broke on my skimmer and a long story short once it got determined and replaced my PO4 was .25 and NO3 was 20- and my tank looked amazing, it took quite a while to strip out all those nutrients LOL

• Like 1

My PO4 typically is .02-.03 using Milwaukee ultra low reader my NO3 has been 0 on Salifert to just slightly pink on Red Sea pro, (sorry forget what number that is using the low test kit).

I've used Acro power for the last 1-2 years and the ME AA I can say has made a definite difference in polyp extension. Whether that equates to more growth, it should being I now have more food (NO3) for the corals to feed off of.

I used to constantly say "I don't get much polyp extension in my tank" when people would see it and ask. Now I've got polyp extension on loripes and granulosa acros-time will be the test but for now I'm a "user"

A few years back my pump broke on my skimmer and a long story short once it got determined and replaced my PO4 was .25 and NO3 was 20- and my tank looked amazing, it took quite a while to strip out all those nutrients LOL

Slightly pink is around 1-2 ppm NO3 with the Red Sea Pro kit.

Your nutrients are a little lower than mine, then. I've settled into a sweet spot of Phosphates around .07, and Nitrates around 6 ppm.

I might give the ME stuff a try if it doesn't raise my nutrients too much.

I just tested and its the same 1-2 the stuff is 5 mls per 100 gallon and to be used as needed meaning if your NO3 starts rising cut back or stop.

His video is worth watching-it makes sense to someone slow like me :)

Add a neck cleaner to your skimmer and the nutrients will drop :) (IME)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I just tested and its the same 1-2 the stuff is 5 mls per 100 gallon and to be used as needed meaning if your NO3 starts rising cut back or stop.

His video is worth watching-it makes sense to someone slow like me :)

Add a neck cleaner to your skimmer and the nutrients will drop :) (IME)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yup, I might try a skimmer cleaner on my frag tank.

My two display tanks are in areas with limited footprints (my office and dining room), so I have had to stick with 66 gallon Red Sea Max AIO tanks that have a skimmer built into the back sump compartment, and room underneath for a chiller. The AIO skimmer limits what you can do, so these are the tanks that are trickier for me with nutrients. The oversized skimmer on my frag tank makes the nutrient control a breeze, relatively speaking.

Thanks for the info on the supplement!

I figured that's what you were using from the title LOL!

I started dosing it in addition to acro power and noticed some define shag going on! At first I was skeptical...it pretty much smells just like vinegar. The results were there though after a few days, so it's now in my regimen.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...