Official Premium Aquarium Goniopora Grow Out Competition

Sorry about the suspense, I wanted to have two sets of eyes for judging, it was a close call here. Since we are going for amount of growth in the form of coverage from first entry compared to last the placing will be as follows.

1st place goes to Kenshin

2nd place winner Lexinvers

3rd place taken by HigherThinking

4th place would be Eclipse522

Congratulations to the winners and a big Thank You for all who participated.

I will contact the victors here and see about possibly getting the spoils out to the September meeting.

This was the first goniopora grow out I have been a part of and for being uncharted territory to me, it turned out alright... I think.

So lets hear those catchy nick names for a Beautiful Purple Goniopora imported by The Premium Aquarium!

I think I might go for purple dreadlocks over purple blob Spectra.

• Like 3

Sorry about the suspense, I wanted to have two sets of eyes for judging, it was a close call here. Since we are going for amount of growth in the form of coverage from first entry compared to last the placing will be as follows.

I will contact the victors here and see about possibly getting the spoils out to the September meeting.

This was the first goniopora grow out I have been a part of and for being uncharted territory to me, it turned out alright... I think.

So lets hear those catchy nick names for a Beautiful Purple Goniopora imported by The Premium Aquarium!

Thanks again for doing this Robert! This growout was lots of fun. Hopefully we can keep this purple goni lineage going. It's a looker!

I'm going to choose the Zoa Pack.

• Like 3

Ohhhhh snap! I made it on the podium. You know I'm super stoked for an SPS frag pack! I forgot there were prizes for 2nd and 3rd so I didn't expect anything. I guess sheer survival merits reward. :)

Thanks Robert, you the man!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Mine did really well for months, then suddenly melted away. Actually, the melting was a slow process that took months, but I say suddenly b/c it went from extremely healthy to rarely opening and having dull color in a short time. It hung on looking icky for a while, then died. I replaced it with a similar looking goni that's doing well, although I have to say I've yet to see any purple goni with color as vivid as I'd like.