Miracle Mud and Reefugium

Jeramy

Just wondering if any one on hear has or is currently using miracle mud in their fuge. I am planning to have a nice display fuge and was going to stick some in under a layer of sand. From what I have researched thus far it seems like it is a bit of a pain to get started but has some pretty good benefits down the road. They do recommend replacement of 50% every 2 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Never used it either but will be adding a bucket of Walt Smith to my refugium on the new build i'm working on now. Would love to hear more from people who have used it!

Also, wonder if the mud's nutrients coming from the amazon river in to the ocean, here in this article, is playing a significant role in the success of this newly discovered reef....

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-just-discovered-a-1-000-km-coral-reef-at-the-mouth-of-the-amazon

Edited by Zwickm

I am going to use a modified version. Mostly was looking at it for adding some mangroves to a display sump. Was not planning to rely on the fuge as a main source of nutrient export but as a source of micro fauna import and to be astetticly pleasing. Bonsai Mangroves. I planned to add a layer of sand over the top to help prevent it getting disturbed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I used it about 4 years ago, it stays still which is very nice, once it's in place you won't have to worry about it blowing around if you have decent flow in your fuge/sump, I didn't really notice a difference with and without it. I gutted it when I transfered everything to a bigger tank, both tanks stayed about the same in parameters.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk