I'm in a icky situation.

wmcbane200

I bet y'all can guess what this post is about. My fox face has ick. I have no way of setting up a hospital tank for them so I'm hoping somebody can help out here. I'm willing to part with my fish but I need somebody that is willing to take them to save my coral. If you have a hospital tank and want them please please come get them. I have a fox face, 2 clown, valentine puffer, lawn mower. If y'all could help I'd forever be in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kim. I just don't have anywhere in my place to set it up atm. I just feel more comftorble clearing the tank of fish. Keeping my 40B setup for just coral arm then starting over with the 90. That way I can get a fresh start and do it right this time.

Thanks Kim. I just don't have anywhere in my place to set it up atm. I just feel more comftorble clearing the tank of fish. Keeping my 40B setup for just coral arm then starting over with the 90. That way I can get a fresh start and do it right this time.

That's a good idea, You will need at least a 40B to QT all those fish in anyways. Cramming them in a small tank tank will only stress them more reducing their chances of getting better. Hopefully someone with a larger tank and the ability to set up a QT Tank will be willing to take them and give them a chance.

• Like 1

Thanks Exodus. I was kinda struggling with the idea of doing this so that makes me feel a little better. I got a decent amount of money in my corals and would hate to louse them. I was beyond sad when I found out about it. Luckily we will be moving in about a month or two so that will give my tank plenty of time to recover before I get my new tank all setup and going. Im not going to setup my 90G till then just because setting it up for two months then moving it just doesn't sound like a smart idea. 

Matty is right. I have had ich breakouts in the past before I quarantined and the healthier fish usually pull through. I honestly stopped pulling them out and treating as was mentioned by Exodus, it does stress out the fish to be caught then put in a newer tank and then start on the treatments such as cupramine. 

As I recall talking with you the foxface was relatively young and small so they are more prone to disease. You may just want to feed heavily and see if the little guy can fight it off. My guess is the other fish just have more resistance to the ich.

Get yourself some Selcon, Kent's garlic and some frozen food, put the frozen cubes in a dish to thaw, once thawed use some paper towels to thoroughly press out all the liquid and replace this liquid with the Selcon and garlic, the pressed out food will absorb all the goodness of the Selcon like a sponge.

Personally i use a large 100ml (about 1/2 full) syringe and spoon the mixture in and store in the fridge over the course of the next few days.

Hope to see your critters pull through.

I have somebody coming Saturday to get them. They will be much happier I think and it takes a lot of stress off me. I will start doing this probably once I start getting my new fish. I will also be very very picky of where I buy from here on out.

• Like 2

glad to hear you got someone! I know some LFS will baby sit fish back to health. Pretty sure Patrick at Saltwater Obsessions still does. Man I wish I was back in the Portland Metro area close to all my reef buddies! Next time I am up there anyone wanna grab a beer, on me;)