Lighting

Flash21

So we have a 29 gallon bio cube.

Looking to upgrade our lighting!

I was looking into the ocean revives and Ai primes. What are your guys thoughts? Or what would you recommend?

Thanks

AI Prime is fine but you would need two for a 29Gallon

Edited by Exodus

Two?! Even if no sps?!

Thanks for the offer Matteo... I will gladly decline unless you wanna take a low ball offer.

Did you look at the specs of the prime, and the spread of the light?  You can put 1 over it but I really wouldn't expect much out of anything you place on the sides or not within direct radius below. maybe some chalice or favia? They like almost no light.

My tank is stocked to the brim of zoas. Mushrooms. Hammer. Touch. Acan. Toad stool. If I knew how to share pics I would.

I just did not think I needed two. I hate the stock lighting and it was hard enough to ask The Wife we need a better light.

Thanks for all the info

My tank is stocked to the brim of zoas. Mushrooms. Hammer. Touch. Acan. Toad stool. If I knew how to share pics I would.

I just did not think I needed two. I hate the stock lighting and it was hard enough to ask The Wife we need a better light.

Thanks for all the info

I hear ya, The problem with LED is that it simply does not have the spread such as an T5 or Halide, therefore if you are wanting to use LED's and be successful you need to create that spread by ensuring that there are enough of them covering the tank which typically results for most people having to buy multiple fixtures. (Not so cheap if your wanting to do it right) So the other option you have to create the spread and keep the price down is a DIY LED fixture, and there is so many resources out there available that would most likely allow you make a decent fixture for the $240 a prime costs with mount. if not less.

The AI Prime was specifically aimed at the Nano Reef users I wouldn't even consider the light for anything over 20Gallons personally. Though as Matteo mentioned a Hydra 26 is a much better fit for that size of tank.

So maybe the ocean revive would be the better light at the moment? I know there's not that much controllability on them and no moon light.

I'm sure I can rig up a fairly cheap moon light to it. Unless there is a different unit you Guys would recommend?!

Need to get something before we head outta state.

Thanks.

You would need 2 for a standard 29 but Biocube's are cubish.

Prime spread 20x20x18-20"

Biocube dimensions 20x21x18.5

You also have the back chambers that make the actual lit area smaller.

Edited by matty

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how this whole led deal works out. With stock cube lighting is 72 Watts and the corals are thriving.

I was looking at pics online and seems like I've only seen one on bio cubes and seem to be fine?!

Wonder if any local shops have them in stock?

The Premium Aquarium in Salem Stocks them, but I would call beforehand. If your trying to get 2 of them I would suggest getting onto Nano-Reef.Com classifieds they are for sale for $150 all the time there. I would sell mine still in box that was used for only a few months but I anticipate using it again.

You will be happy with an Ocean revive:) I run 5 T247 models total and they grow everything from SPS to mushrooms :) and they are only $200 for the model with the built in timer. Cover a very large area also. You would only need one for your bio cube. I'm currently deciding between a Hydra 26 or another Ocean Revive for the next tank:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting my own business and will be releasing my LED pendant style lighting. Been busy finishing app programming and need to get my website up soon. I might outsource website development work. I'm doing pre-release promo sales. PM for more info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd recommend looking into the TMC line. 1 tile would cover the 29 gal with their square spread. All patented tech from the UK. Great light blue color, with dark blue/purple power.

AAP also picked up the AI HD, which allows dimming of colors, while over driving others. Pretty cool tech. Or the TMC V2 iLumenAir (Simaliar build to the Maxspect Razor and Zetlight)

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDLights.html

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDOther.html

Ships out of Oregon. TMC has the longest warranties on the market, which warranties will tell you the quality of the LED build IMO

Edited by Trigger334

The Premium Aquarium in Salem Stocks them, but I would call beforehand. If your trying to get 2 of them I would suggest getting onto Nano-Reef.Com classifieds they are for sale for $150 all the time there. I would sell mine still in box that was used for only a few months but I anticipate using it again.

Thanks Again Exodus

They will have a shipment in this week. So will pick one up over next weekend.