New 90G!

wmcbane200

Well I've had my 40B setup for about 3 months now and just want bigger so... Sunday I will be picking up my new 90G Acrylic tank. Comes with a black stand and canopy. Will also hopefully be picking up a 48" 6 bulb 54 watt T5 Tek light soon. Super excited to be getting it altho it probably won't go up till we move. I was hoping that was sooner then later but to break the lease here is just way way to expensive. So it will be going up start of July finger crossed!

Only thing I'll need help with will be re-homing the damsels that come with it. My 40b is already maxed out in fish. I don't have pictures of them atm but if anybody is interested in these guys send me a PM. If it falls through I'll update this guy.

I will post pics as soon as I have it home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here it is! I wont be setting it up fully till we move but im ok with that because it gives me plenty of time to get it perfect! I will be repainting the inside of the stand with some kind of sealer that will prevent the wood from getting damaged by any water splashing. I will be cleaning up all the imperfections on the outside and will be taking my time to convert the canopy to hold my New T5 lights. I got more then enough of rock to go in it. Most will be live rock (hopefully) and ill have a little bit of dry rock. 

Equipment i already have is

48" 6x54 Watt Tek Light

all the pumps for the return. 

Pretty nice sump

Bubble Magnus 7 

RW-8 and some cheap powerhead that came with it. 

300w Heater and a 100W heater.

JBJ Auto Top off.

BRS Reactor 

Things ill need

Apex, Apex, Apex and the modules to go with it

I have to order new bulbs for the Tek Light

Lights for the Sump

Dosing setup

another RW-8

Live Sand

Im not sure what else im missing on the list but yeah. The next month or two will be making it mine the way i want it then ill get it up and going. Looking forward to it im sure im going to be very ancy over the next couple months

Edited by wmcbane200

74059de8e9eadd7dc1622fd4fac92af2.jpg

Today I painted the inside of the stand! It had a whit bottom and the paint in it was chipping. I used a flat black and then sprayed a seal type stuff on it after to protect the wood from when spill water while messing with the sump (this happens a lot). Yes it's just the inside but I might as well get it perfect while I don't have water in it!

• Like 2

Well they sent me the pads and attachment for my drill but not the actual buffing stuff... I went to the Harley store in Gladstone got the stuff. I still want to hit it up with the number 3 which they didn't carry. So far tho I'm happy.

So the group buy for Reef Central starts this Saturday and I'm putting together my cart to get it all ready. So far what I have is

Check Valve for the Return

Bulbs for my Tek LIght (going with ATI Coral Plus x2, Blue Plus x2, True Actinic x2 any recommendations would be appreciated)

BRS 2 Part Total Package with Dosers

Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Multi Test

Red Sea Algae Control Multi Test

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix 175G

Neprene Foam for the tank to sit on

60 Pounds of special Grade Agag-Alive Sand

and Last a Adjustable Float Valve for my RODI (might have had a 5 gallon bucket overflow a little...)

The things that are temporarily going on hold are my second RW-8 and my Breakout for my Apex.

So far I'm looking at a little over $700... If I would have know when I started this hobby was going to be so expensive well... I would have just got a bigger credit limit on my card lol.

I just want to thank everybody for your help! This forum and all of yall have been a huge part of my tank.

• Like 1

Got my first order in today. They dropped it off while I was at work so when I got home I had to move stuff to unlock my door and get in. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of that. Only problem so far is one bulb was bad and with the lights on I can see the scratches I missed while buffing. So this weekend I'll be back at buffing them out.

Edited by wmcbane200

Are you happy with the CP bulbs? I didnt care for the color they put off, i went with 2 actinics, 3 blue plus and one purple plus over my tank, same light you have. Only thing id suggest is next time buy bulbs locally so you can easily swap em out if they are bad. If your relationship is good with the shop they might even let you exchange them jf you dont like the color.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Are you happy with the CP bulbs? I didnt care for the color they put off, i went with 2 actinics, 3 blue plus and one purple plus over my tank, same light you have. Only thing id suggest is next time buy bulbs locally so you can easily swap em out if they are bad. If your relationship is good with the shop they might even let you exchange them jf you dont like the color.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

My brother just asked me the exact same question. So far I like it. Its hard to know with nothing in it yet so once I set it up (hopefully next month) I'll know for sure. Good point on the local store btw. I think I'll do that from now on. I got it from BRS tho just because I was doing a bulk order and I wanted to get the points back with the group by.

7cfcbc69c46765f197e6dc805fa81bd8.jpg

That's missing one of the actinics. Also do you run the actinics all the time or do you have a ramp setup? On the apex I was thinking actinics on for a bit then all lights then just atinics then nothing at night to save the bulb life.

Edited by wmcbane200