Another new football year so.....

Michael7979

Well this is my take after week one.

The Beavers need to find a couple of recievers IF Stroughter isn't going to be playing. They need to give the ball to Canfield and let him take his, (and the teams), lumps. But he needs the time under center to learn. Serrna IS NOT the answer at punter. There has to be someone else on that rooster that could handle the punting duties. Cincinnati ran up the score on Southern Memphis St. last week but having to travel back east is tough. Hopefully they will continue the winning streak.

Oregons offense looked OK at times. Dixon still cannot throw the ball with any consistency. I mean how do you make a nice 12 yard out throw on the money and then under throw a guy thats 5 yards away??!!! J. Stewart still didn't get the ball enough in my opinion and didn't look great BUT J. Johnson looked real good I thought!! The defense seems to be playing well in the secondary BUT the front 7 need to figure out how to stop a running offense. They gave up like 300 all-purpose yards to Aldrigde and gave up 500 or something total yards. If Oregon wants to beat Michigan they will need to run the ball very well as I think that is Michigans weakness on defense. But Oregon will have to stop the run as that is Michigans strength on offense. I hope they play outta their heads as the Big House will be a very hard place to play. Key to the game is you owns the time of possesion.

HOW 'BOUT CALIFORNIA WORKING OVER TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!! Jackson, Forsett, and Best are lighting fast and should challenge USC for the Pac-10 title.

All in all I thought that week 1 had some really good football games to watch.

Was reading this on Washington's scout.com page. Pretty funny blog called Duckfighter Illustrated by Race Bannon. There is no rivalry between the purple pups and the Ducks is there? (laugh)

http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=2&c=676041

And so it was, as Jake took two series of three and outs to figure out this college football. He was throwing high hard heat and he was hit hard and he said it was good.

Then Jake made a first down and he liked it, so he made another one and he liked that, and so he made a touchdown and he liked that, so he made 4 more. Then he looked at the end of the third quarter and he was pleased with what he had done. So in the 4th quarter, Jake rested.

I don't think Sammie should have started. He didn't play well and hasn't practiced in like 4 or 5 weeks. He dropped a TD and muffed a punt. IMO they should have eased him into the flow of the game.

QB controversy? BAH! Both are terrible so far. Maybe they just thought they were wearing black again this week? And where is that vaunted Oline? They couldn't open any holes, and Bernard was stuffed time and again. I think the beavs are gonna see that all season long. Teams are gonna stack the box and dare those new QBs to throw. If Riley doesn't get the passing game straightened out, its gonna be a long season.

Oh well nothing you can do when you are giving the ball away like that.

Next up is the once might blue and maize for the Ducks. Here's to hoping that DD doesn't pull a Canfield/Moavoe!

GO DUCKS!!!

WOW the Beavs sure looked sluggish against Cinncy! No room to run and no passing attack at all. Canfield needs games like that to grow, (ie. taking his lumps, growing pains), and the Oline will see this all year until a passing game comes around, just like Miles said. So they need to go into every game knowing they will be out numbered up front.

Sammie got screwed on the "muffed" punt! He was hit and there should have been an interference penalty called against Cinncy. Then, hopefully, at least they go in at half down 10-3 and can change the game and get back into it.

Whats wrong with the Beavs and traveling back east? The last three times they have gone back east they have been trounced, (Louiville, can't remember, and now Cinncy).

Blue and Maize vs. the GREEN and YELLOW this Sat.!!!

GO DUCKS!!!

well it was a good game for the ducks.....dennis dixon has seemed to finally figure out how to be effective running AND throwing the ball. Bout time. I figured michigan would be fired up and would really take it to the ducks to show thier pride and save some face. But if this was their best shot after the disaster agains App. St. then, WOW......U of M really has fallen on hard times. Who would of thought? Michigan AND Notre Dame both 0-4?

Only saw the very end of the beavers game. I really hope that for the pac-10, the state of oregon, and especially beaver fans, that cincinatti really is THAT good or that the beavers were just having a really off day. But they have gotta figure out thier QB situation in a hurry or this season may get away from them before it really gets going. I am a die hard duck fan but I honestly root for the beavers in all of thier games as well except for the Civil War. Hope it gets better for ya beavs.

agreed, i hope Cincinatti is really good, but regardless the Beaver offense looked ridiculous. The defense actually played really well despite the score. They were put in some pretty tough field positions situations, that any defense would have a hard time overcoming. Looking forward to next week and looking forward to seeing someone challenge the ducks, to see how they respond.

UM and ND can't go 0-4, they play each other this saturday ;)

I think Cinci might compete for the Big East title. Louisville's defense is terrible, and WVU has been having troubles scoring. Cinci easily has the best D out of the 3. Rutgers might give them fits, i donno. But that loss was on the offense.

Man Ducks cruised, and DD got sick at halftime. 624 yards of offense. DD still hasn't thrown an INT, thats been the key to the 2 wins IMO.

Next up Ducks get Fresno St at Auzten. FSU took Texas A&M to OT at Kyle Field. Gonna be a tough game.

Beavs get Idaho St. Should be a game to get some kinks worked out in the offense.

49ers won (rock2) (rock2) (rock2) It was ugly but a W is a W!! (flame) PWILL is a freakin beast (flame) He was blowing up the offense. Nate Clements was worth every penny shutting down Boldin. The "Quiet Storm" Walt was a ballhawk :) Once the offense gets rolling I see some good things happening. Later Ryan

Go Niners!!!!!! How about the line make some holes jeez, Gore just couldn't break thru. Smith looks pretty bad, Arizona's defense can't be THAT good. I think Nolan took it easy on the play calling for the first game.

You are right, the defense is gonna be good. Loved the pick by Walt.

But hey, a wins a win!