Another new football year so.....

Michael7979

But all in all, how many guys got tossed? Thats just poor discipline. No excuse for throwing punches and crap.

Sorry dude, but there is only so much, um bull***t a team can take. Those refs let the game get WAY out of hand by not blowing the whistle and letting Washington do some nasty stuff. Then, when the game was out of control they started tossing people left and right for not doing much.

Agreed, it shouldnt have happened, but I can understand why it happened.

Sorry dude, but there is only so much, um bull***t a team can take. Those refs let the game get WAY out of hand by not blowing the whistle and letting Washington do some nasty stuff. Then, when the game was out of control they started tossing people left and right for not doing much.

Agreed, it shouldnt have happened, but I can understand why it happened.

I'm not blaming one team, rather both teams, both coaches and the refs. Just a bad situation all around that shouldn't have happened.

Looks like the Pac10 is finally doing something about these crappy officials. But it took De Carolis publicly demanding something be done, a conference call with Tom Hansen, and OSU had to submit all their coaches tapes from the game to get any action out of Hansen.

I applaud De Carolis for being the one to finally stand up and tell the Pac10 this isn't right and something needs to be done. He stood up for his team and the players, I respect that.

http://www.gazettetimes.com/gtblogs/cliff_kirkpatrick/

No, thats what happens when your last remaining playmakers go down and your backup QB is playing on 1 foot. And they still had a chance to tie several times.

Gone for the year:

Dixon

Pflugrad

Johnson

Colvin

Paysinger

Brown

Bacon

Tuitele

Playing with injuries, status unknown:

Jones

Stewart

Leaf

Dickson

Crenshaw

Everyone of those guys is a playmaker. There aren't any left on our team.

I thought the nocall on the block in the back on that punt return was a joke. It was right in the middle of the field, right in front of the official. But he looked away right when it happened.

I thought this was complete BS. This SHOULD NOT happen.

Oregon’s second-half featured several missed opportunities, including a fumble by Agyeman after he ran 40 yards with a fake punt. Agyeman, who lost the ball as he was coming down after being flipped heels-over-head on a tackle, insisted that he recovered his own fumble.

“I looked the referee in the eye, and we had a conversation for about a minute,” Agyeman said. “He told me it was our ball. He said, ‘White ball, get up 30, it’s your ball, your ball.’

“I took one of my hands off the ball and went, ‘Are you sure?’ and he said yes. I took the other one off, and the other guy overruled him. The ref who told me to get off the ball apologized to me the next series. It is what it is.”

Good job by the refs again! Can't help but wonder what if. But i've always said refs don't decide games, and the Ducks missed so many chances.

We can still play for the Rosebowl, though i don't know how far we will go with a gimpy Leaf at the helm.

I thought the nocall on the block in the back on that punt return was a joke. It was right in the middle of the field, right in front of the official. But he looked away right when it happened.

Reminds me a Civil War game about three or four years ago. Keenan Howry.........booo.

No, thats what happens when your last remaining playmakers go down and your backup QB is playing on 1 foot. And they still had a chance to tie several times.

Miles I understand you are bitter today, but punts returned for touchdowns aren't about play makers, they are about missed assignments. Also, Cal's QB is playing on one foot. You have a good point about the injuries, but the bottom line is mistakes.

If the Pac-10 doesn't seriously do something about the horrible officials something is seriously wrong. When you have an open field tackle where the guys hand is only on the helmet and he gets whipped around there is no doubt their was a face mask penalty you could see it from the upper deck and get that call right. Then another blown call on almost an identical play as in the Oregon State Game. There is a serious problem that needs to be addressed otherwise the Pac-10 just looks like some high school league on the national stage.

Winning national championships is all about heart and playing with adversity no team makes it without getting banged up along the way. When Dixon went out the Ducks gave up and despite Arizona not even playing in the second half of the game could not muster up the intestional fortitude to mount a comeback. I mean really Arizona was beating the heck out of Oregon when they were blitzing the quarterback and in the second half they just let him sit back there and have all the time and opportunity he needed to beat them. All I have to say is they better find a way to pull their heads out before the end of the season, quit whinning about injuries and play some football if they hope to even get to the rose bowl this year.

Reminds me a Civil War game about three or four years ago. Keenan Howry.........booo.

Miles I understand you are bitter today, but punts returned for touchdowns aren't about play makers, they are about missed assignments. Also, Cal's QB is playing on one foot. You have a good point about the injuries, but the bottom line is mistakes.

If Dixon doesn't get hurt, does that punt even happen? I'd say no. So in this case, the punt return is a direct result of a playmaker going down.

Cal's STARTING QB. We had our second string QB playing on one foot. If you would have said Cal's QB is out, their second stringer is in with 1 foot, Forsett is out, Best is out, Hawkins is out, Jackson is out, Jordan is out, Follet is out, and Felder is out then we'd be on the same page.

Or to put it a little closer to home, Canfield is out, Moevoa is playing with 1 foot, Bernard is out, Polk is out(or Rogers, whichever is better), Brown is out, Straughter is out, Catchings is out, Powers is out, Doggett is out, LaRocque is out. How would the Beavs fair with those players out?

If the Pac-10 doesn't seriously do something about the horrible officials something is seriously wrong. When you have an open field tackle where the guys hand is only on the helmet and he gets whipped around there is no doubt their was a face mask penalty you could see it from the upper deck and get that call right. Then another blown call on almost an identical play as in the Oregon State Game. There is a serious problem that needs to be addressed otherwise the Pac-10 just looks like some high school league on the national stage.

Winning national championships is all about heart and playing with adversity no team makes it without getting banged up along the way. When Dixon went out the Ducks gave up and despite Arizona not even playing in the second half of the game could not muster up the intestional fortitude to mount a comeback. I mean really Arizona was beating the heck out of Oregon when they were blitzing the quarterback and in the second half they just let him sit back there and have all the time and opportunity he needed to beat them. All I have to say is they better find a way to pull their heads out before the end of the season, quit whinning about injuries and play some football if they hope to even get to the rose bowl this year.

I told you it wasn't just that game and that we get robbed just as much as everyone else.

Pac10 refs are the joke of the country. OSU/UW last week made sure of that.

But i disagree, the Ducks didn't give up, not by far. They held AZ to 126 yards and 3 pts in 2.5 quarters. With Dixon out, AZ just loaded the box with 7 guys and they teed off on Leaf since he couldn't run. The dlinemen were on full pass rush every single play.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone needs to tell the ducks that the season isn't quite over yet. The defense has finally started to play this late in the season when they couldn't stop anyone at the beginning of the year but you have to gain at least a few yards on offense to. At least the Oregon State fans have something to look forward to next week.