Another new football year so.....

Michael7979

I am not denying that the team was good but they were definately not the best in the nation. Oregon will never be the best in the nation if they can't win a single bowl game.

I guess you didn't turn on anything related to college football for the last 2 months and Gameday came to Eugene twice in 1 year for sh!ts & giggles. In your opinion they weren't one of the best, thats great. According to most national shows, experts, news outlets, and publications they were. Oh yah, and those darned polls that help decide who is #1, they thought that the Ducks were too. But your opinion trumps those eh.

Maybe you ought to try reading my posts. You said that your team was the best in the nation and I said that was debatable and all of those organizations that you are talking about agree with me because they were never #1 in any poll or the BCS

I am tired of all the crying about you guys getting screwed out of good bowl games but you can't win the games that you do get put in.

There were several people on here including yourself that said a couple of weeks ago that you guys were going to get screwed out of a bid for the national championship before the season was even close to over. The teams that really should complain are the undefeated teams like Hawaii this year and Boise State last year. They go a whole season without a loss and still don't get any respect.

As far as cheating maybe you should rewatch the Oklahoma/Oregon game last year.

Well the OU/UO game had nothing to do with OREGON cheating. Those were Pac10 officials paid by the Pac10, comissioned by the Pac10, assigned by the Pac10, hired and fired by the Pac10. Again, NOT OREGON.

Your right maybe it was just some big coincidence that the head official on the field just happened to be an old high school teammate of Bellotti and at the end of the game calls like this were made at the end of the game to help Oregon win. After all the Pac-10 officials are the worst in the country but it is an awful big coincidence. Here are the videos that show conclusive proof that not only did the ball not go 10 yards before being touched first by an Oregon player but was never even recovered by Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDtfppxP4Q8&feature=related

And as far as your youtube video that you posted the play was whistled dead before the ball came out and it was whistled dead because the guys forward progress was haulted and he was being pushed backwards which is a legitimate reason. So while they may have thought that they got screwed it was officiated correctly.

But since we are talking about cheaters, and OU has cornered the market on cheating, here is some reading for you:

#3 dirtiest program ever -- http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10255471

#2 dirtiest program ever -- http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/27/footballs-dirtiest-programs-2-oklahoma/

Flat out cheaters. There is no way you can dispute it, absolutely no way. And I am tired of OU cheating.

Well there is no doubt that Barry Switzer was a bad thing for Oklahoma football but this team is much different now. That incident the other year was something that they University was unaware of and when they found out not only did they kick the offending players off the team but self penalized themselves and informed the NCAA of the problem. The Ducks are far from being clean themselves particularly under Bellotti. Here are some of their offenses as far as NCAA rules:

http://media.www.fsunews.com/media/storage/paper920/news/2004/06/28/Sports/Oregon.Faces.Probation.By.Ncaa-2359336.shtml

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A03E5DA1238F937A15751C1A967948260&sec=&spon=

And now that I have done some research into your team your comments regarding the Arizona State players being a bunch of criminals is incredibly funny. Here is what your great players have done.

Even despite the Coach and the Universities best efforts to cover this one up it still came out and then the coaches ex-wife tried to assault the guy that reported this in a press room of another game.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1192850719191080.xml&coll=7

Another fine example of player behaviour

http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/media/storage/paper859/news/2005/10/14/News/Football.Player.Arrested.On.HitAndRun.Charges-1965950.shtml

And another

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1192852514244950.xml&coll=7

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071114/BLOGS23/71115006

Maybe if Oregon could keep some players from getting arrested they would be able to field a team.

Oregon has no depth. Next year all of these players that have had to play this year will be your team. You want to compare Oregon to other national powerhouse teams these other programs don't just have a good year now and then they are consistent year after year because they don't have one good player.

Saying Oregon has no depth shows just how little you actually know about the team. I see you avoided all my questions above, proving you don't know. You must think USC is not deep, cuz they lost 2 games when they had injuries. But that was "stepping up" according to you. I take it you think Oklahoma is FAR from a deep team, they lost 1 player for PART OF ONE GAME and lost. LSU must not be deep, they lost 3 starters and lost 2 games. Oh yah, and Va Tech isn't even close to deep, they lost 2 games and their QB is hurt along with their RB.

Perhaps you didn't read in this thread where I said that Oklahoma didn't deserve to play for the national championship game because they couldn't step up when one player went down. The defense didn't play well enough in the first half and they didn't do the things neccessary to win the game.

Look i'm not complaining, far from it. We have too many injuries to continue what was a great season, a season that saw us ready to play in the NCG. I've enjoyed this season, it was a tremendously fun ride seeing the Ducks everytime you turn on the TV, computer, or open a magazine. Injuries have ended the run. Thats it.

The team had to many convictions to continue the season and your team did depend on Dixon but Dixon was playing during the Home loss to Cal.

If you don't want to admit that your team didn't have the heart to win a national championship that is fine but crying about what happened doesn't win games.

Even fans of the team saw that they weren't playing with heart against Arizona. Almost no team doesn't have something to overcome on the way to the championship. It is just a matter of how the adversity is dealt with and I don't think your coach is doing you guys any favors.

I don't know if all the other times i've said this came out in chinese or what, but there is not a single team in this country that could overcome the amount of injuries the Ducks have. Plain and simple. That is the reason for the decline. This IS NOT like last year, not even remotely close.

Saying they don't have heart, or that they rolled over shows your ignorance. Did you watch the game? Saying those kids didn't have heart and rolled over is a joke, and if you watched the game you know it.

Thats the same as telling your daughter she doesn't have heart and rolled over because she had a bad ankle and couldn't compete in the karate competition. You wouldn't do that would you Sean? Its the same thing.

I am not critizing the players that were injured but when someone goes down the other players have to step up and that did not happen. I did watch the UCLA game and it was a horrible performance from a team that was vying for the national championship at one point in time. Dixon showed heart trying to take the field but Bellotti should not have let him make the attempt. They should have taken the week when they knew about the injury to get Leif ready to play the game and figuring out what they needed to tweak to make the offense run with him instead of Dixon and that obviously didn't happen. I am sure Dixon wanted his chance for the Heismann and another million dollars in the pocket but he may have cost himself a high place in the draft by not getting started on getting better from his injury.

It is nice that you are passionate about your team but some realism would help also. They were a very good team this year but they weren't the best team in the nation at any point in time. You really need to travel to some games in the South and then you will understand passionate football. These people are true backers of their teams no matter what and treat other fans with respect. I find it funny because when I joined the air force the Ducks had just played in the first bowl game in I don't remember how long and they didn't get any support from around here. You didn't see anyone wearing team gear but now that they have played a couple of good seasons everyone is a fan. Well when they go back to losing more games than they win next year we will see who is a fan.

That decision is Dixon's, not yours, not Bellotti's. Purely Dixon's with a doctors approval, and you second guessing him doesn't change anything. He's a big boy and doesn't need another daddy. I'm glad you care about him that much though.

I've been to the South and you are joking right? Gave me a good laugh this morning, good one. Those are some of the worst fans, second only to rioting soccer fans. I've seen Sooner fans throwing beer on a family, just a guy with his wife and 8 year old son leaving the game. The things that were said to me, thrown at me are things that I could not believe. People wanting to fight after their team won just because of the color of my clothes. I liken it to racism which is still rampent in the south. I've been to many stadiums, but the Sooner fans take the cake. But it all makes sense, they cheat to win and when something goes against them its a conspiracy of the highest order. Winning above everything in Sooner country and the south, even above education - that much is PAINFULLY obvious.

We will see who is a fan. And i'm glad you can see the future, you got next weeks winning powerball numbers?

So you are saying that the head coach doesn't make the decision about who starts at quarterback. Unless I am mistaken it is still ultimately his decision.

As far as the bad behaviour on the part of the fans. I know when the guy I used to work for came up here his son got cursed at and got beer tossed on him. When they traveled to Alabama they met some fans of Alabama that had them over for dinner the night before the game. Oregon had to bring in more Police officers this year to try to control the fans here and they end up ejecting a bunch of fans every game. It has been all over the news here how beligerant the fans get. Obviously we are not going to agree on this but Oklahoma is a changed program over the past while Oregon is on their way under this head coach to being like Oklahoma was under Switzer.

BERNARD.JPG

Yvenson Bernard

2389087270.jpg

Robin Quivers

PERNNEL%20BOOTH%20MUG%20150X220.JPG

Pernnell Booth

wwe_day_of_reckoning_junkyard.jpg

Junkyard Dog RIP

MOEVAO.JPG

Lyle Moevao

AI2007_Sanjaya-Purple_003.jpg

Sanjay

SERNA.JPG

Alexis Serna

ChKa-Mr.%20Peepers.jpg

Mr Peepers

AND THE BEST ONE, OUR MAN CURTIS COKER!!!!!

COKER.JPG

sethm.jpg

Seth McFarland

Got these from educk btw. gonna search for more.

Here you go beavers, http://oregon.rivals.com/croster.asp click on a player then photo gallery under the picture on the left. See what you can come up with :D

So you are saying that the head coach doesn't make the decision about who starts at quarterback. Unless I am mistaken it is still ultimately his decision.

As far as the bad behaviour on the part of the fans. I know when the guy I used to work for came up here his son got cursed at and got beer tossed on him. When they traveled to Alabama they met some fans of Alabama that had them over for dinner the night before the game. Oregon had to bring in more Police officers this year to try to control the fans here and they end up ejecting a bunch of fans every game. It has been all over the news here how beligerant the fans get. Obviously we are not going to agree on this but Oklahoma is a changed program over the past while Oregon is on their way under this head coach to being like Oklahoma was under Switzer.

Sure he does, thats obvious so i left it out. And he left he decision up to Dixon and the doctors.

Thats funny you never mentioned your friend and his problems here before. I sure have let it known what happened to me, but your first mention of it came after i reiterated my experience in cheater country. Seems very convenient to me. And thats great his relatives in Alabama had him over for dinner.

Got any links to back up all your bashing of Oregon? I've got links coming out my ears showing the Sooners are one of the dirtiest programs ever.

Ahh so Oklahoma is a changed program THIS YEAR, cuz you know, last year they CHEATED and got caught. In fact, they got caught cheating over 600 times last year. Want the link?

Funny I have never heard you say anything about your problems in Oklahoma until just now and that is probably why the subject never came up it is not like I just go around talking about bad experiences that someone other than myself have had at a game. The guy I know has no relatives in Alabama these were complete strangers that they met at a pregame press thing the day before the game although you think that I am lying.

Maybe you should watch the news a little more because it was all over the news at the beginning of the season about the problems that they have been having with roudy fans and the steps that were being taken to try to keep these incidents under control this year. They also have had a lot of stuff on the news about fans cars being broken into while they were watching the games that probably would have been useful info huh.

I posted links about Oregon maybe you didn't bother to look at them. I looked at all the links you posted and the university was not involved in the incident with the car dealership. It was one of their supporters that were letting the players do things that they were not supposed to be doing and when someone told the University they were the ones that reported it to the NCAA, permenantly suspended the players took steps to self sanction themselves. Here is a new link about the latest NCAA sanctions against Oregon and a detailed report on what was done: http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2004/2004062301in.htm

Oklahoma is a changed program from when Switzer was head coach. Lets see this link that shows 600 incidents of cheating last year. Look I wish you well but you are just mad that there were some problems with your team this year that prevented them from doing better but come on you can't blame that on everyone else. We can go round and round on this but I don't see the need to waste my time anymore. It is obvious that you will not realize that your team is not perfect.

No, i've stated it here. You can also head over the espn message board and scroll back to 2004 on the Duck board, around the date of the UO @ OU game. Also check out collegefanatics.com same time.

So you have no proof. Thats all i needed to know.

Ahh yes, the minor NCAA infraction of 2004. Its been over 3 years since UO had any type of infraction. You do realize that probation is over right? And those sanctions were done by OREGON, not the NCAA.

Tell me again what the Sooners record was in 2005? Was it....0-12? I looked it up, it sure was! I wonder why? Could cheating have something to do with it? Oh but i forgot, they are a changed program since Switzer. Maybe he did the cheating???

Lets count the ways Oklahoma cheats shall we:

Basketball and Gymnastics cheating (you really have to cheat at gymnastics?) plus softball. Count em baby, 577 basketball infractions 9 gymnastics infractions 2 softball infractions - WOW!!!

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/press_room/2006/may/20060525_univoklahoma_infractions_rls.html

Of course the donor paying football players to not work

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/press_room/2006/november/20061101_ok_sar_bomarquinn_rls.html

Don't forget

#3 dirtiest program ever -- http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10255471

#2 dirtiest program ever -- http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...ms-2-oklahoma/

I'm not mad about the Ducks season, i've said it before i'll say it again it was a fun ride, a fun season. And its not over! Looking forward to what the Ducks put on the field tomorrow, i'm hoping CK puts together a good game plan and I still think we can win, go to the Holiday bowl, and finish what could have been a great season off as decent. I'm not blaming anyone, nor have I blamed anyone. The only thing i've blamed are injuries. Injuries are part of the game. I'm a fan of the game, therefore injuries are part of what i talk about.

Show me where I said Oregon is perfect? Show me where I blamed someone? Show me where i said i was mad at the way the season went? Show me where I blamed problems with the team? You really need to stop putting words in my mouth, I've said nothing of the sorts you are claiming. You are grasping here.

You want to bash Oregon, i've got more than enough ammo to bash your cheating university AND prove you wrong. I know that I know more about Oregon than you, and I'd bet i probably know more about Oklahoma than you too.

I actually have had some fun these last few posts. But i won't be on a computer until after the Civil War so you've got time to respond. Have a good weekend!

GO DUCKS!!!! BEAT THE BARKRATS!!!!!

Congratulations Beavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)

(cheer)(cheer)(cheer)(cheer)(cheer)(cheer)(cheer)(party)(highfive)(party)(highfive)(party)(highfive)

Cheaters never prosper. The officials did everything they could for the Ucks. Nice to see that the Ucks had some alumni on the officiating crew. Now I realize why the crews are so bad :)

I feel for Stewart though, he had a hell of a game. He will have a fun time in the NFL next year though.

Good job by the Beavs today even though it almost got away from them. Well #3 in the Pac isnt bad. Later Ryan

I just don't get how you can be in a time out talking about moving the ball into the middle of the field and NOT have the next play setup!!

Either spike the ball and then bring on the FG team with the clock stopped or hurry up and snap the ball for the FG!!

But to be totally confused on what was the call is a huge mistake...........

Beavers played well and deserved the win..........

I'll bet everyone lost if they bet the under on points!!

Mike' date=' they showed a couple replays of Belotti talking to the QB. He was telling him to spike the ball, but the kid misunderstood or didnt do it.[/quote']

Thats what I would have thought they would try. But you can see the kicker run out and pull Roper back to handle the snap.

So was the special teams wrong by sending out the kicker?

OR

Was the QB screwed up and paniced?

• Like 1

Seth McFarland is the creator of Family Guy Curtis. :)

Good job Beavs. Moavoe looked pretty composed all game, i didn't expect that. Whew that was fun to watch, my throat is still sore from cheering.

Steve Greatwood, Oregon's line coach, sent the FG unit onto the field. I guess he didn't hear the part about spiking the ball. Roper said he still thought about spiking it even though they were lined up to kick it. Would have been a good choice. Evenson only got to line up 2 step back, not the usual 3, and rushed the kick. Otherwise its good :(

Oh well, onto the Sun bowl for the Ducks against USF. Emerald bowl for the Beavs versus Maryland. Win em both for the Pac 10!!!