Another new football year so.....

Michael7979

We might be looking at an 'old time' Civil War 6-3!!! Wouldn't that be exciting!!! (not)

Man is Oregon going to be short on talent next year. Everyone that can come back is only a spot player. Losing Dixon, Stewart (going pro- won't hang around to get beat up for nothing), Williams (thou he hasn't caught a pass in weeks), lineman, and the list goes on. Can you say "rebuilding"?

Who else saw all the Duck recievers get upset with the freshman QBs? If they would have caught a couple of them maybe UCLA would have had to play alittle more honest, not that I think the outcome would have been different maybe just closer.

Do you think the Beavers are licking their chops after watching that game? You bet they are!

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.....yep...that about sums it up. Oh yah....that and NO HEART.......DOH!(cussing)(cussing)

I am an oregon fan from way back but they are playing like absolute crap. How can you not even manage a freakin' field goal? Best running back in the PAC-10 and you cant get him into the endzone? you could hand the ball off to him 40 times a game and eventually he will get a score. Dixon went down and everyone just gave up. I truly hope this is the nail in the coffin for bellotti's tenure at oregon but i doubt it. The UO administration drinks some krazey Kool-aid every year and decides that "Almost A Contender" is good enough.(whistle)(drooler)(whistle) Well, ITS NOT!!!

If you couldnt tell I am thoroughly disgusted by the last two games and with the ducks in general. Oh well....At least my Green Bay Packers are still winning. Now we will go get the living dog-piss kicked out of us by OSU(threaten) and get to listen to the bragging from the Beavers for an entire year.....BAAAHHHHHH!@!!!!!!!(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)

Yeah bellotti letting Dixon start with a torn ACL was BS. They set the whole offense up around Dixon and it is just funny watching these slow, slow quarterbacks trying to run the option. You guys must be tired of watching recievers get hit in the hands and drop the ball also. The one deep pass that was thrown right where it should have been the reciever gets hit in the hands and drops it. The only thing good I see that has happened since the beginning of the year is definately the Defense. They are playing 10 times better than at the start but it is too little too late.

and get to listen to the bragging from the Beavers for an entire year

(rock2)

Yeah bellotti letting Dixon start with a torn ACL was BS

Why? The knee is already messed up and he would have needed surgery anyway, right? You would be surprised with the number of people.....well....offensive lineman that play with that type of injury regularly.

alot of offensive lineman may play on that injury but they hardly move the way dixon or any other option QB does.

And as far as bellotti goes i just dont feel he does a good job in preparing his team to play. Whenever there is a key injury we get the #2 guy stepping in and looking like a deer in the headlights. Yes the offense is pretty much built around the spread option but most of these guys have been playing standard west coast offenses or modified versions of it since middle school. It wouldnt be hard to tweak the playbook and call plays that cater to a pocket passer. Other teams have had major injury issues (USC for one) but continue to win games and be competitive in thier losses. Why is that? COACHING!!!!!

I havent been impressed with the way bellotti has utilized his talent. You recruit a powerful, incredibly talented RB like Stewart and you run a spread option? I basically think that bellotti wasted two years of stewarts talents by not running an the ball more. Everyone knows a great passing attack is led by a great rushing attack. If you can run the ball and keep the LB's and Safeties honest, your passing attack opens up immensly. We wouldnt be talking QB struggles right now b/c any pocket passing QB could stand back there and hit open recievers and hand off the ball to the best tailback in the PAC-10!!

Its irresponsible to your players and program to build your entire offense around one persons talents like they have done with Dixon. Injuries happen.....and we are now seeing what poor planning on a coaches part looks like. DOH!

I think its funny how people are jumping off the bandwagon when times are tough.

To be correct....I was never ON the bandwagon. i enjoy when my team does well but also am one of the first to point out thier faults. I am a fan of college football first and foremost. I have been a duck fan since I was 6 and will be one until i am 106. But I am not going to sit back and blame refs or missed calls or other teams for the ducks' downfall. thats an internal problem. Finishing seasons has been a problem with this program in recent years not just this one. I can remember the beginning of the belloti era when we defended our home field and it was a tough place to play. its still a tough place to play but teams are coming in here and stealing wins (CAL). Shouldnt happen. Not to a supposedly "BCS Caliber" program and for a team with aspirations of a NC. just my .02

Yo crabs, you need to relax alittle -LOL!!! (drinking)

I agree that some ofthe times I can believe that Bellotti hasn't got the Ducks prepared. But for you saying that the program shouldn't build around one player?? That's not right- what do you think would happen if Tim Tebow was to go down? I'm sure they feel as they have a 'good' back-up but, he IS NOT as good a Tebow or he would be starting. And do you think they would have another QB that can run, in Urban Meyers version of the spread option, like he does?

Sam Bradford went down in one game for Oklahoma and the back up QB had to play more then 1/2 the game. That was also a game they lost. Since his return they have won all their games.

I believe they have to build around 1 or 2 players and ride them out and hope/pray that they DO NOT get hurt. With the time limits on how much practice and/or meetings they can have in a week it forces them to hitch their wagons to 1 or 2 players. That's why they always talk about how good coaches are also good recruiters. It just sucks that Brady Leaf was recruited for a different type of offense and the other QBs are so young and beat-up also.

With all that said I AM A DUCK FAN AND WILL ALWAYS BE ONE!! All I can do is wait for next week and the Civil War and hope we play well enough to win and then onto our bowl game!!

After that I'll watch and see where we will be standing in relationship to next years team.

You have to have heart to win a national championship. Every team is going to run into problems through the season but they have to step up and play harder when something happens. Oregon hasn't done it. Oklahoma didn't do it when Bradford went out. Their defense didn't play good enough in the first half and let them score to many points and just didn't get it going until to late in the game. It cost them their national championship bid and well it should have. The national championship is for the team that wants it the worst. That Oklahoma Missouri game next week is going to be awesome.

One problem Oregon had is that some of these easy games that they should have blown out their opponents in like the Washington game they let them score so much they didn't have a chance to play back up players to get them any experience.

On a side note has anyone seen the new Subway commerical starring the Pac-10 official. :)

We are now holding tryouts for 9-12 grades in order to upgrade our offense, so any of you local kids head over and tryout!!!

I'm just hoping for a nice sunny day saturday. Not expecting much out of the Ducks. Could it be, 2 years in a row ending the season with 4 straight losses? At least we are consistant!

But i will say it was a fun ride. Not many times you can say your team was the best team in the country at one point.

Nah I think the beav's have some what of an offense, but i would have to say i was WAY disapointed in the ducks on saturday. Shoot why didn't they just put in the tailback that used to be a QB atleast they would have had the option again... Oh yea and why in the heck would you keep thowing the ball to a guy who just plain CAN'T CATCH A BALL!! it's not like it was a fluk game for him eaither cause the game before that one he dropped atleast 5 pass's that were right in the numbers.

They did put Crenshaw back there for at least 6 snaps. When you are one dimensional there isn't much you can do. It comes down to needing playmakers, and just about every single one on the Ducks has gone down to season ending ACL injuries. You can't put a 3rd string running back at QB where he hasn't played in over 3 years and expect magic. You can't put your 4th and 5th string QBs in who have been playing on the practice squad all year and expect them to pick up where the 1st string left off. When you have your 5th string QB throwing to WRs who were practicing on defense all year until last week, its not gonna work right away. They didn't just forget how to play football. They need reps, practice, game-speed practice that you only get in a game. If anything, it shows just how important game experience is in making a good college football player.

Stone-hands didn't get that name for just this year. The guy has been dropping balls for more than 2 years now. And he'll still be doing it next year. It is what it is, a guy who is a 50/50 threat to do something great, or drop the ball.

Not a rerun of this one is it?

Yes it was that one. I thought it was very fitting of the officiating I have seen recently.

The Ducks didn't need magic to win that last game. UCLA couldn't put points on the board. They needed to go back to some basics. Run the ball and throw short passes to any one that might be able to catch the ball. You can't expect to win games against good opponents with a 3rd string quarterback but UCLA doesn't qualify as a good opponent and they couldn't even put a point on the scoreboard.

As far as being the best team in the nation at one point in time. That was definately argueable. They could have been the best in the nation if their defense would have played in the beginning of the year but having a one sided football team doesn't make you the best in the nation.

No they didn't need magic. They needed a playmaker, all of whom are injured save for Stone hands, and him being a playmaker is debatable. There isn't a single team this year that when a starting playmaker went down that it didn't affect the team in some way. USC had injuries, lose to Stanford. Cal had injuries, lose to OSU. LSU had key guys tossed off the team, 2 losses. Florida injuries 3 losses. Even your beloved cheaters Oklahoma, Bradford gets hurt they lose and thats only losing 1 guy!! How is it different for Oregon?

You think Missouri could be #1 without Daniels, his 3 backups, 3 starting WRs and 3 of their backups, the starting RB and his backup?

You show me a team with a 5th string QB throwing to a 4th string DBs filling in for WRs. Show me one. And i'll show you a team that has all loses with those guys.

You do realize UCLA could still win the Pac10 right?

And yes, one of if not the best in the nation at one point. Did you not turn on the TV, read the paper, read the internet, listen to sports radio for 2 months or something?

I am not denying that the team was good but they were definately not the best in the nation. Oregon will never be the best in the nation if they can't win a single bowl game. I am tired of all the crying about you guys getting screwed out of good bowl games but you can't win the games that you do get put in.

As far as cheating maybe you should rewatch the Oklahoma/Oregon game last year.

Yes if UCLA is able to pull out some miracles they could still win the Pac-10 but I seriously doubt that USC is going to roll over for them like Oregon. Yes there has been some injuries but teams have stepped up and still won games. Oregon has no depth. Next year all of these players that have had to play this year will be your team. You want to compare Oregon to other national powerhouse teams these other programs don't just have a good year now and then they are consistent year after year because they don't have one good player.

If you don't want to admit that your team didn't have the heart to win a national championship that is fine but crying about what happened doesn't win games.

I am not denying that the team was good but they were definately not the best in the nation. Oregon will never be the best in the nation if they can't win a single bowl game.

I guess you didn't turn on anything related to college football for the last 2 months and Gameday came to Eugene twice in 1 year for sh!ts & giggles. In your opinion they weren't one of the best, thats great. According to most national shows, experts, news outlets, and publications they were. Oh yah, and those darned polls that help decide who is #1, they thought that the Ducks were too. But your opinion trumps those eh.

I am tired of all the crying about you guys getting screwed out of good bowl games but you can't win the games that you do get put in.

Every fan, of every team, of every conference, at every level complains about being screwed out of a bowl, a game, a call. E V E R Y S I N G L E O N E. So what if they haven't won one in awhile, that doesn't make them less deserving.

As far as cheating maybe you should rewatch the Oklahoma/Oregon game last year.

Well the OU/UO game had nothing to do with OREGON cheating. Those were Pac10 officials paid by the Pac10, comissioned by the Pac10, assigned by the Pac10, hired and fired by the Pac10. Again, NOT OREGON. But since we are talking about cheaters, and OU has cornered the market on cheating, here is some reading for you:

#3 dirtiest program ever -- http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10255471

#2 dirtiest program ever -- http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/27/footballs-dirtiest-programs-2-oklahoma/

Flat out cheaters. There is no way you can dispute it, absolutely no way. And I am tired of OU cheating.

Oh yah, then theres this --

Yes if UCLA is able to pull out some miracles they could still win the Pac-10 but I seriously doubt that USC is going to roll over for them like Oregon. Yes there has been some injuries but teams have stepped up and still won games

So UCLA just has to do what it did last year. I would say thats far from a miracle, especially since 2 teams have already beaten USC. And are you saying USC stepped up with all those injuries, and still lost 2 games to UO and STANFORD!!!!????!!!??? Hardly the definition of stepping up.

Oregon has no depth. Next year all of these players that have had to play this year will be your team. You want to compare Oregon to other national powerhouse teams these other programs don't just have a good year now and then they are consistent year after year because they don't have one good player.

Saying Oregon has no depth shows just how little you actually know about the team. I see you avoided all my questions above, proving you don't know. You must think USC is not deep, cuz they lost 2 games when they had injuries. But that was "stepping up" according to you. I take it you think Oklahoma is FAR from a deep team, they lost 1 player for PART OF ONE GAME and lost. LSU must not be deep, they lost 3 starters and lost 2 games. Oh yah, and Va Tech isn't even close to deep, they lost 2 games and their QB is hurt along with their RB.

Look i'm not complaining, far from it. We have too many injuries to continue what was a great season, a season that saw us ready to play in the NCG. I've enjoyed this season, it was a tremendously fun ride seeing the Ducks everytime you turn on the TV, computer, or open a magazine. Injuries have ended the run. Thats it.

If you don't want to admit that your team didn't have the heart to win a national championship that is fine but crying about what happened doesn't win games.

I don't know if all the other times i've said this came out in chinese or what, but there is not a single team in this country that could overcome the amount of injuries the Ducks have. Plain and simple. That is the reason for the decline. This IS NOT like last year, not even remotely close.

Saying they don't have heart, or that they rolled over shows your ignorance. Did you watch the game? Saying those kids didn't have heart and rolled over is a joke, and if you watched the game you know it.

Thats the same as telling your daughter she doesn't have heart and rolled over because she had a bad ankle and couldn't compete in the karate competition. You wouldn't do that would you Sean? Its the same thing.