Thanks Jeff! Finally for my Red Sea Reefer!

Emerald525

Yeah I have been tempted at getting a Red Sea 250, swapping out the sump for a Trigger Systems Emerald, and dropping in a Vertex omega 150 :) Congrats! I'm sure you are going to love the benefits of having the system over an AIO!

• Like 1

Yeah I have been tempted at getting a Red Sea 250, swapping out the sump for a Trigger Systems Emerald, and dropping in a Vertex omega 150 :) Congrats! I'm sure you are going to love the benefits of having the system over an AIO!

Sounds like you're more than tempted. more like researching to do it lol

• Like 2

Oh those are some good ideas. I'm thinking about getting a 36 inch 6 bulb ati to go over the top. The skimmer that the guy has on it was rated for 200 gallons. I think it took up the entire bottom.

Oh those are some good ideas. I'm thinking about getting a 36 inch 6 bulb ati to go over the top. The skimmer that the guy has on it was rated for 200 gallons. I think it took up the entire bottom.

ATI Is awesome but you should also check out Giesemann you might like the look of the fixture allot more -> http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/matrixx-ii-36-t5-fixture-giesemann.html

I just got myself a Giesemann fixture with ATI bulbs that will be going up soon, I am very pleased with the quality of the fixture just as good as ATI but more Ascetically appealing to me personally. 

• Like 1

ATI Is awesome but you should also check out Giesemann you might like the look of the fixture allot more -> http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/matrixx-ii-36-t5-fixture-giesemann.html

I just got myself a Giesemann fixture with ATI bulbs that will be going up soon, I am very pleased with the quality of the fixture just as good as ATI but more Ascetically appealing to me personally.

Oh that is a nice light!???? Much sleeker!

Oh that is a nice light! Much sleeker!

jedimasterben over at Nano-Reef did a huge write up on ATI vs Giesemann, specs, PAR etc.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/360936-giesemannati-t5-lamp-comparison-pics-par-and-a-whole-mess-of-data/

mind you the data refers to the bulbs, but goes to show that both German made brands are of the highest quality.

Edited by Exodus
  • Like 2

Sorry I missed u guys today. Im glad u finally got the tank home. Call or text about the light. That was a big skimmer that it had on it. Let me know if you need help ordering in a new one.

I know! It's been so long since I have seen you. I will definitely come talk to you about a skimmer and lights. The shop was in good hands and Robyn is doing a great job!

Damit I was there when you where picking it up! I saw them loading it into your car! At least I'm pretty sure it was the same tank. I was checking out when they carried the tank out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way! small world! Sorry I missed you! We had to load up pretty quickly! Sirena said there was already a cop watching us like a hawk. That probably was us!

jedimasterben over at Nano-Reef did a huge write up on ATI vs Giesemann, specs, PAR etc.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/360936-giesemannati-t5-lamp-comparison-pics-par-and-a-whole-mess-of-data/

mind you the data refers to the bulbs, but goes to show that both German made brands are of the highest quality.

Thanks for the link! You are definitely selling me on this. I will have to read through this more when I have time but jedimasterben knows his lighting! He has had some great write ups in the past. I like the vertex skimmer too. I was thinking of getting a reef octupus as well. It will be nice to have a bigger skimmer!

Lol Kim you went bigger and I'm going smaller. Your not getting rid of the 20 are you?

I was always planning on going a little bigger but didn't want to go too big and not be able to carry in the darn thing! I'm keeping the 20 for now as I slowly transition and may keep it and use it as a quarantine tank for fish and corals.  I'm still debating that because more room could end up allowing me to buy more things LOL!

• Like 1

Lol you are going to end up with more things and "projects" just like the rest of us..I still have a 29 sitting on my floor waiting for my "project" and a 15 gallon I have no idea what to do with either.... lolol

Nah, I went through that when I first got into the hobby.:) When I see people selling tanks so cheaply I'm so tempted but then realize that it will lead to more work and money! :)  I just think it's a good idea to have a QT tank especially if I am adding more fish.

• Like 2