TMC Products

Just wanted to post a review about my experience with their products. 

For the past 2.5 years I have been running a commercial UV sterilizer made by TMC in my shop. I have been extremely pleased with this unit. I bought it from American Aquarium Products and found their articles to be helpful in my purchase. It has been running perfectly. Since the purchase I have recommended these these units to many people and as far as I know everyone has never had any issues with them. They are also a great bang for the buck. Recently when visiting a large wholesale facility in LA there were also using these UV's on a huge scale with success. 

About two years ago I was contacted by American Aquarium Products about them donating a Aquabeam 1500 Ocean Blue LED for store use. I set it up over a 40 gallon cube that we kept as a mixed reef with seahorses. The overall build quality of the light is very impressive. The components are all top notch and loved the fact that it was waterproof. The color that the light produced was also very pleasing to the eye. 

The spread was very impressive. It lit up a 24"x20" footprint well. The unit did not come with optics. I also did not have a controller to adjust the spectrum or power. For about 6 months I ran the light before switching the tank out. During that 6 month time period I got growth out of most corals. I was able to grow Birdnest's, Monti's, green slimers within the middle 12"x12" of the tank. Soft corals and LPS also grew threw out the tank. The tank was a All in one and was not setup to grow more exotic SPS but feel that the light could handle it around the center of the tank.  

A customer bought 4 of the same lights from me and put them over a 75 gallon standard tank. He had amazing growth and was pleased with his purchase. 

The lights are expensive but are built to last. The are not a high wattage LED and will not produce a ton of par. High par LED lights are not for everyone and this is a nice middle option. 

American Aquarium Products was also easy to deal with. It is nice that they are local and usually if you buy their products they will arrive within 1 day. A nice resource to have.