Question about glass tanks

Yourmedic

I bought a 150 glass tank last night. Once home, I began cleaning it and realized the top plastic modeling was cracked in a few places and reinforced in the middle bracing. Will this effect the tank at all? If so, is the anything I can do to fix it or is the tank no good for aquarium use? I'll post pictures here in a minute. Thanks for any and all advice

Gorilla glue, sandpaper and then paint?

+1 on that.... or use an epoxy to fill those cracks.....  and as stated.... sand and paint.  Use a high grit for your finish sanding.  I would go to at least a 400grit.  This will give you a smooth surface for painting.

I would also swap out that support piece... it looks like steel.  Grab strip of aluminum and put it on the under side.  you can cover it in epoxy and it will bond with the plastic.  Give it a much more support.  Then when you are all done, you likely won't even know it was broken.

GL!!

• 3 weeks later...

If you know the manufacture I would suggest Jeremy route and replace the plastic rim . There are a lot of rimless tanks but dimensions are very specific and outside the specific dimensions a solid support brace or euro braces are necessary for the integrity of the tank. Where as it MAY last for years with a fix....I would not test my custom wood floors to it. My .02

• 2 weeks later...

If you know the manufacture I would suggest Jeremy route and replace the plastic rim . There are a lot of rimless tanks but dimensions are very specific and outside the specific dimensions a solid support brace or euro braces are necessary for the integrity of the tank. Where as it MAY last for years with a fix....I would not test my custom wood floors to it. My .02

Agree 100%.  Better to spend the time and money now and replace the trim than to wake up to a living room covered in water.