Hello

timfountain

Belated introduction to me - Tim Fountain. I am originally from the UK, got my first salt tank, which was a converted FW 20G complete with undergravel filter and a ton of algae and pea green water about 25 years ago. My first serious reef was a 120G that was moderately successful, but tended to leak every few months from various fittings etc. That taught me about making things simple and foolproof. I moved to the Austin, TX in 2001 and started with a 100 tank, then decided to to big and bought a 75G as a holding tank whilst I worked on my 210, custom tank, stand, hood etc.Chiller, aquacontroller, MH, etc. basically, the works. It was a great tank but eventually life, the cost of running a large tank, learning to fly and having kids meant that I sold the tank for <20% of my costs. Ouch. I moved to OR in 2010 and didn't really think about reefing until last year when I thought why not, and purchased a new JBJ 29G nano. That kept the itch scratched until a month ago when I got the opportunity to buy a pretty much brand new Red Sea 350 9G with 25G sump, LR, many fish and corals, LED's, etc. etc. I think this tank is it, but I might need to remote the sump. I'll post some pics later. Well that's me!

• Like 3

It is great to see a new person joining the forum. Sounds like you know your stuff. If you have time, you should try to make it out to the Hatfield Marine Science Center on April 17th. Here is the link talking about it:

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/37143-april-meeting-oregon-coast-aquariumhatfield-behind-the-scenes-tours/

Edited by milesmiles902
  • Like 1

It is great to see a new person joining the forum. Sounds like you know your stuff. If you have time, you should try to make it out to the Hatfield Marine Science Center on April 17th. Here is the link talking about it:

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/37143-april-meeting-oregon-coast-aquariumhatfield-behind-the-scenes-tours/

That sounds like fun. I'll try to be there. 

Welcome! You must have bought the tank that staypuff was selling! That was a heck of a deal. I just didn't want to go that big!

Indeed, that was the tank. I've done a few upgrades since thin including an Apex Aquacontroller, 1/4HP chiller and Maxpsect Gyre 150. Jury's out on the Gyre as it is giving me error messages out the box and the documentation says the 150 should have shipped with a 24V 4A power supply and I got a 24V 3A power supply (that is specced to be for the smaller 130). Waiting for Maxpect to reply. If they don't reply in a couple of days, back it goes....

• Like 1