Hola!

PDX_Reefer

Hello everyone, my name is Rick. I live in Portland (King City to be precise) and found out about the forum from Robin at Cuttle Fish and Corals. I've had a tank for about a year that Jeff set me up with, a bday gift from my wife who is also into this hobby/obsession. I recently moved from an IM Nuvo20 to a Red Sea Max E260, AI Hydra 26 LEDs, Apex controller. I travel a lot for work and fun, and the larger tank is already proving easier to manage. Automation will help a ton, too. I have it stocked with mostly soft corals and LPS, and one SPS that's actually doing very well. I've got a Clown mated pair (now with his & her rbta after a split...), Blue Damsel, Midas Blenny, Green Chromis, Goby, and Melanurus Wrasse. I also have the typical cleanup crew, minus a bionic Pistol Shrimp that moved absurd amounts of sand in the IM and absconded with a favorite coral; he went back to C&C. His Goby buddy hasn't forgiven me yet...

Other hobbies, more or less in descending order of potential for angst and catastrophe... Landscape photography (digital and large format), wine & cocktails, cooking, landscape design, world travel. I thought photography and wine were expensive hobbies. Until now.

I moderated and participated in a great photography forum while living in Colorado and learned most of what I know from fellow forum members. Obviously tons to learn about reef-keeping, and I'm looking forward to learning here now. I've already picked up some good info over the weekend, so thanks to everyone who makes this a great resource!

9c46ffb0cc57dff629b58a9e417819dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words on the tank! Plenty of aquascaping to do still. It's less monolithic than it appears in a 2D photo, but I'll need some bigger pass-throughs to the back if I get any medium-sized fish. Lots of great ideas and inspiration in the build and show-off threads. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk