"Collection Series" High End Zoa Buy/Growout

Ok it's time to see if we can  start a new  "Collection series"  buy and growout for zoanthids.

I have already talked to  a couple members that are interested in this and  now its time to get the ball rolling.

I'm not sure how many years back we did this but it was very successful and i think everyone who bought in was happy with the results.

1. This is not for eagle eye's, green bay packers, ect....  This will be  for zoas that are not available for the most part locally. 

2.You will not receive the zoa's in a couple weeks. This will take many months, I believe that are last group buy that was all high end zoa's  there were some frags that were distributed after a year, maybe even longer.  ( This will NOT be a instant gratification grow)

3.We want people who are confident reefkeepers to be the growers. Are you having problems  keeping those mary janes from melting 

probably not a great idea to volunteer to keep a $150 frag.

4. There will be losses, some of the  high ends are melters so we cannot guarantee  that every frag will make it ( this is why we want to give the frags the best chance possible with stable growers and tanks)

5."The group didn't get all the zoa's you wanted".We will do a  Poll and  reasonable discussion on what zoa's to buy. Why the discussion part, well some zoa's just do not survive shipping and acclimation with out melting.We have a great member base that may had experience with a certain type that will help decide  whether a zoa is a good investment for the group.

6.I think last time we were around $125 per person so  I would estimate this buy will be between $125 -$175.

7. As we get extra polyps we will try to  split to other tanks to diversify   and give us the best chance at survival.

8. Your spot in the growout will be transferable up till the point that the first frag is distributed out.(Pm of the other members plus a post on this page will need to be done so eveyone knows who is in and who is out.)

9.If the group decides that there is a zoa that is hard to get but is available locally  we can decide as a group whether  to buy the local first.

10.You must be a Paying club member.

So what we need is a list of people who would like to be in on this buy ( Approximately 8-10 max) and some suggestions on were we should start looking for  the Collection .

The list:

Wegotjs (2 spots)

badxgillen

Paratore

Emerald525

The Clark

milesmiles902

spectra

itskris

Edited by wegotjs

So we have enough support so we just need to find were we want to collect these from.

Here are a couple suggestions from me, if you have any please post them.

www.legendary-corals.com

www.planetzoa.com

www.Zoanthids.com

Edited by wegotjs

Dang so many choices out there......I have some from Golden Basket, Brett and Adam and also Aqua SD all are great people to deal with.

If there is some room still I might be interested. Am going to another tank but zoas are still growing well and looking good.

Just some of the mess I am trying to get into a permanent tank.......IMG_1553.jpg

• Like 5

SO it has been brought to my attention that in order to do a group buy, per forum rules that all participants need to be paid club members.

I'm sorry for  not getting that straight from the beginning. I have changed the participant list to reflect the rules and if you are not a club member and want

to join the club to  do this group buy please feel free to join.

I might be interested, depending on what your getting for the grow out. I have a 70 cube and really paticular as to what goes in. I currently have the Shazams and Snitches. I'd also need to become a paying member and have them shipped to California. Tagging along for now.

SO it has been brought to my attention that in order to do a group buy, per forum rules that all participants need to be paid club members.

I'm sorry for  not getting that straight from the beginning. I have changed the participant list to reflect the rules and if you are not a club member and want

to join the club to  do this group buy please feel free to join.

No worries, I won't have any issues spending that money on something else ;)

• Like 1