Before and after picture under led fixture

goldenbasketreef

Lighting is only one of many variables to color up sps.

Just don't be discourage when you received color down acro, it will bounce back.

Some will take more time to color up.

I'm curious. What do you think was the original cause of lack of color?

It looks beautiful.

Edited by milesmiles902

LED: The reason I come back to this hobby because of LED ( excellent SPS colors and very controllable).  

No halide : I don't like its heat ( but best tank looking light).

No T5 for me: I don't like fluorescent T5 cause their short life and dealing with recycle mercury environment headache.

• Like 3

I'm curious. What do you think was the original cause of lack of color?

It looks beautiful.

Acropora generally is very finicky. Removed it from comfortable environment such as mariculture bed will make the acropora stress out.

Plus long shipping duration added to the stress factor. Rapid changes in lighting condition from mariculture bed to exporter holding tank will shock the zooxanthellae algae also.

Sometimes a simple situation just moving to diff spot in the same tank can trigger color down. Once settled down in the new place it will color back up.

Color is the from of adaptability of  zooxanthellae algae to absorb or deflect available light spectrum for photosynthesis.

So some may have green or blue that is dominant color and some may have red that is dominant instead base on available light spectrum in each tank.

• Like 3

Lighting is only one of many variables to color up sps.

Just don't be discourage when you received color down acro, it will bounce back.

Some will take more time to color up.

Well said!

Patience is key, but good lord! That's an amazing transformation for 10days.

Beautiful!

• Like 1

Usually when I see something like that, it is either light bleaching or something bad in my tank happened. Keep in mind, mine are much smaller. :P

I just had a feeling it may have been something else. Intensive transport would make sense, or the shock to new lighting.

How long did you have that piece before you threw it under LED's?

Edited by milesmiles902

Usually when I see something like that, it is either light bleaching or something bad in my tank happened. Keep in mind, mine are much smaller. :P

I just had a feeling it may have been something else. Intensive transport would make sense, or the shock to new lighting.

How long did you have that piece before you threw it under LED's?

It was under radium led hybrid for a week at 270par before moving it to higher par led.

• Like 1