• Similar Content

• By Trailermann
      My Hydor slim skim went bye bye.  Needed a skimmer for 30 gallon all in one.  JBJ rimmless, but probably many models will work.  You name the fair price.  Even better, used Hydor that still works.
      Can also use a hang-on back for other 30 gallon tank.
    • By nrc
      Good morning,
      I'll be mixing up water in the next day or two, and adding seed rock and sand to my tank hopefully this weekend.   I'm considering holding off for a few weeks to let my tank cycle on its own prior to adding a protein skimmer.
      My thoughts are that the initial ammonia -> nitrite -> nitrate cycle needs to happen unencumbered... I would time the addition of a skimmer to coincide with adding livestock a few weeks down the road.    
      Any thoughts?
      Nate
      (fwiw - My tank specs are in the build thread under nano's)

• By milesmiles902
      Hey everyone,
      I went back to the Evergreen State College (my undergraduate) for a visit and they installed a huge 13,000 liter system aquarium system in the basement of the school. One thing I thought they always did well was teach the sciences and this provides a way for the students to both monitor and have a hands-on experience with these living creatures.

http://www.cooperpointjournal.com/2017/04/26/hidden-marine-treasures-evergreen-debuts-new-state-of-the-art-aquarium-facility/
      Although, when I visited, they were looking for more variety of corals and it made me think it would be good to ask the club.
      Personally, I have some euphyllia, birdsnest, xooanthids, and pavona that I am going to donate. I haven't heard of anything they don't want.
      So, please let me know if you have any corals that you would be willing to donate for educational purposes. I'll likely be heading up in December, so no rush. 
      Thanks again,
      Miles

• By Trailermann
      Excellent condition skimmer, handles up to 240 gallons.  Only used for about 6 weeks while breaking in new tank.  
      Asking $235, retails for $299.

• By fmorris
      i have good perfect working Eshopps S-120 protein skimmer for sale.upgraded  mine so i dont need it no more. picture is for reference but looks identical 
      the specs are as fallowed :
      Item # Model Diameter Total
      Height Footprint
      (LxW) Pump use Tank Usage 18040 S-120 5" 17" 7"x6" SE-200 40-120g Tank  
      asking 100$ obo thanks for reading