April Meeting - Oregon Coast Aquarium/Hatfield Behind-The-Scenes Tours

JManrow

On Sunday, April 17th, 2016 PNWMAS will have an exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Tour of the  Hatfield  Marine Science Center, and the Oregon  Coast Aquarium. PNWMAS is making a Donation to HMSC. Any additional donations at the door are optional We will begin by meeting at :

Hatfield Marine Science Center  - Visitor Center
2030 SE Marine Science Drive (Located next to the Oregon Coast Aquarium)
Newport, Oregon 97365-5296
We suggest arriving at 9:30 AM. The tour will begin at 10:00AM. We will be guided through the Center, and also get a behind-the-scenes look at the operations and educational facilities at HMSC.

At 11:00 AM we will proceed to the Aquarium Science Building. (It’s right down the road, and a map will be provided.)

At Noon, we will head back to the
Oregon Coast Aquarium
2820 SE Ferry Slip Road
Newport OR 97365 http://maps.google.c...ewport OR&hl=en

We will meet in front of the door around 12:30 PM. You may want to bring along sandwiches for a quick lunch. There is a Café  inside the Aquarium. The first tour of 15 people will begin at 1:00PM. The second tour will begin at 2:00PM
Price for the Oregon Coast Aquarium Behind-The-Scenes Tour is  $15.00 per person. This tour is for ages 8 and up, and does require some climbing of stairs.

There is also the cost of admittance to the Aquarium.

Ages 3-12 $11.65 - [supporting PNWMAS Members $6.65]

Ages 13-17 $16.15 - [supporting PNWMAS Members $11.15]

Adults $17.95 - [supporting PNWMAS Members $12.95]

Seniors 65 and over $16.15 - [supporting PNWMAS Members $11.15]

Supporting (paid) PNWMAS Members will receive a $5.00 discount on the price of admission.

If you are not currently a Supporting Member, this would be a good time to join!

Payment will be for admission to Oregon Coast Aquarium, and the cost of the Behind-The-Scenes Tour. We will make one group payment at the door, so you we will need all payments in advance.

To make your payment,   CLICK HERE http://www.pnwmas.org/page/oregon_coast_aquarium_behind_the_scenes_tour_payment_page.html

• Like 1

We need to start getting your payment for the Behind-The-Scenes Tour! We estimated at least 30 people will be going! Please use the PayPal links located at the end of the announcement, or at the bottom signature on Chief's signature!

Thanks! Let's have a good turnout! :thumbs:

With inflation, we have done our best to keep costs down on this event. :) I know that everyone will have a great time, and the cost is really about the price of a nice frag or fish!

..and the experience will be a memory that you will not forget! Please join us in Newport! There is so much to see in there! I just might arrive a day early, and make a weekend out of it! https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g51992-Activities-Newport_Oregon.html

Anyone willing to carpool from Portland?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I was considering going to Newport on Saturday. Hopefully people will carpool here! If you need a ride, or can share a ride, please post here! Thanks!

Can we bring a guest? Do we just pay twice, one member and one non-member in my case?

It would seem that would be the best way to do it. :)

Everyone is welcome! Remember, it is ages 8 and up. A few times I have had my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters along. They have always enjoyed the tours!

Whoo Hoo!!!

I just found out I get to go, I am trying to pull some strings and get the whole day off. I am rolling out with Miles so it should be a day full of intelligent and interesting conversations. Should anyone form the Corvallis area be going let us know, maybe we can meet up.

• Like 3

Awesome! We're trying to get some babysitting but if not i'd probably bring a couple of kiddos along.

I am going to bring my granddaughters along... they love it there! The Oregon Coast Aquarium Tour is ages 8 and up. :)

Once you join, you can get your discounted admission here:   http://www.pnwmas.org/page/oregon_coast_aquarium_behind_the_scenes_tour_payment_page.html

• Like 1