I'll introduce myself here. ;)

Dismalorb

Hey everyone.

I've been hearing great things about this group from several associates, and figured I'd give this a try.

A little about me: I'm 28 years old, have been into the marine hobby for around 8 months now (freshwater for 2 years), and used to work at Caye's until they mysteriously laid me off. I have a 135g I transformed into a brackish Mudskipper, Archer fish, and Dragon Goby 1/3rd filled sanctuary. I also have a beautiful Dutch Aquariums 180 flatback hex that's a freshwater planted/small community tank, a 40 gallon O. havanensis Mantis Shrimp tank, a 75g reef & 55g (soon to be) refugium, and a 20g Dwarf Crayfish tank.

One of my main joys in life is music. Mostly underground oddities, but I also have a fetish for turn of the century (20th that is) 78rpm and wax cylinder stuff. I also run an internet radio station for neofolk, neoclassical, and martial music on Live365.

It's nice to find some local fish geeks, and I look forward to interacting with you.

-Paul

Welcome. Glad to have another fish head in the club.

Be sure to make it to the August BBQ. It will be in Tigard this year on the 19th. There is a thread about evites that were started within the last week. Make sure you sign up.

Are you going to the coral farmers market tomorrow? If you get your ticket today, it is only $15. There should be all sorts of neat things there. I am sure that they will have exotic price tags as well. If you do make it, make sure to stop by the PNWMAS booth to talk to us.

I grew up in Gresham, so I used to go to Caye's a lot. I have not been in there for 10 years since I moved to Clackamas and now Oregon City. I hope you have found employment (it makes it easier to have a fish tank when you have a job.)

dsoz :)

Hey Dismalorb

Welcome to the group.

Post some pics! I'd especially like to see that 135 gallon Brackish Sanctuary.

If you would like to be added to our Evite list to receive notifications of upcoming PNWMAS events and meetings by e-mail, send me a PM.

Yes!! Pictures!!

Welcome!

I would love to see the brackish too! I grew up on Mobile Bay (AL), which was a brackish estuary. Had lots of horseshoe and blue crabs, flounder, spadefish, oysters, herms, etc, that'd go partway up the river (Dog River). http://estuarium.disl.org/

You don't see many public estuariums... It's just not as popular a draw as big sharks, octopus, rays, etc.

Please post pics!! And welcome! :D

Welcome. Glad to have another fish head in the club.

Be sure to make it to the August BBQ. It will be in Tigard this year on the 19th. There is a thread about evites that were started within the last week. Make sure you sign up.

Are you going to the coral farmers market tomorrow? If you get your ticket today, it is only $15. There should be all sorts of neat things there. I am sure that they will have exotic price tags as well. If you do make it, make sure to stop by the PNWMAS booth to talk to us.

I grew up in Gresham, so I used to go to Caye's a lot. I have not been in there for 10 years since I moved to Clackamas and now Oregon City. I hope you have found employment (it makes it easier to have a fish tank when you have a job.)

dsoz :)

Thank you very much for all your kind words. ;)

I think I will make it out to the coral farmers market tomorrow; I just have to check funds and make sure I can afford the entrance. heh. I may not be able to buy anything, but that's cool... it'll be nice to meet people if all else fails.

I definitely want to attend the BBQ, and can gladly bring stuff. I'll try and bring my Mantis Shrimp buddy along with me. She's TOTALLY awesome.

Oh cool! Which area did you grow up in? I live right near Head East, my parents' head shop. ;)

I'm still considering the offer I got from The Wet Spot for a job. I really enjoy working with fish, but I wanted to wait until after San Diego Comic Con before taking the offer... there's nothing like hiring a new employee that asks for a week off right after starting work. heheh.

-Paul

welcome to the site...When I lived on that side of town' date=' I used to visit Caye's quite a bit...Not sure if I remember you...but glad to have someone added to our site...[/quote']

Cool, thank you!

I worked at the Cave (smirk) from January-May of this year. If you saw a guy with black cats tattoed up his arm, that was me. ;)

-Paul

Cool, thank you!

I worked at the Cave (smirk) from January-May of this year. If you saw a guy with black cats tattoed up his arm, that was me. ;)

-Paul

Nope, I was never really in there much this year at all...

Do you know if they are going to put the nurse shark in a appropriate home? Not a 4' tank when the shark is over 2' long?

Nope, I was never really in there much this year at all...

Do you know if they are going to put the nurse shark in a appropriate home? Not a 4' tank when the shark is over 2' long?

I don't know, but it bugs the hell out of me that they keep him in that tiny tank. They really need to A: donate him to an aquarium, and B: REFUSE to get their customers any type of sharks. Period.

I haven't noticed him growing much since January; poor guy probably has some serious stunted growth.

But then again, try and tell Shane that and he'll come up with some sort of 10 minute diatribe only partially relating to the topic at hand. ;)

-Paul

I don't know, but it bugs the hell out of me that they keep him in that tiny tank. They really need to A: donate him to an aquarium, and B: REFUSE to get their customers any type of sharks. Period.

I haven't noticed him growing much since January; poor guy probably has some serious stunted growth.

But then again, try and tell Shane that and he'll come up with some sort of 10 minute diatribe only partially relating to the topic at hand. ;)

-Paul

yeah, they should donate him and get a tax write off...It is very frustrating...

IF anyone wants to know what we are talking about, go into Caye's and go into the back of the salt water area and you will see an almost 3ft nurse shark in a 5 foot tank...

• 1 month later...