Time For A Nano....

Paratore

Well I missed seeing my tank everyday so I set up a little 10 gallon tank for my fraternity room to hold me over between seeing the frag tank at home. :) Nothing special, I plan to stock it with lots of softies since they are easy and maybe a couple damsels. It's bare bottom to help keep the tank clean and I plan to turn the bottom into a GSP field. I know it's invasive but hey it's just a little 10 gallon and it's an easy coral to keep. :) right now my only inhabitant is a cleaner shrimp.
I do have a question about flow, what do you other nano tank keepers use for flow in such small tanks? I'm only use to be tanks haha. And the WP-10 I have right now puts out to much flow for my softies. Even on the lowest setting. So I'm open to different options, just not looking to break the bank :)
Here is a quick phone pic..
00ad6bb5a236ad0f7f2d1d43d445f27e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Koralia nano 425 but I just took it out and instead using my aquaclear 50 on med. flow and my diy breederbox turned into a refugium with a Rio pump. Seems to keep my mushrooms and my Duncan happy

I've been thinking of just using an aqua clear 50 for flow too! That way I can run some media is it also. Thanks for the input :)

What size tank do you have?

I have a 20L in the garage as a temporary home and use a AC50 also with some floss and chemipure in it. I think it still needs a small pump of some sort though. Going to hit a few places and look for a small pump or just grab a small hydor maybe. I tried a small powerhead from my Nuvo 20 but it just blew the sand around to much.

• Like 1

I have a 20L in the garage as a temporary home and use a AC50 also with some floss and chemipure in it. I think it still needs a small pump of some sort though. Going to hit a few places and look for a small pump or just grab a small hydor maybe. I tried a small powerhead from my Nuvo 20 but it just blew the sand around to much.

What do you think of your Nuvo 20? Thinking about getting one as the next nano upgrade for the next school year.

The 10s are super nice but I like the wider footprint of the 20. I love the AIO design and they just look so darn good. Been thinking of taking down the frag tank and replacing it with a fusion 20 in my fraternity room. Which would make things a lot simpler :) not sure what I'm gonna due yet. This little 10 gallon is my "test" unit. If I like the nano enough, I'll get the 20 :)

I've heard a lot of good things about them! Hoping Kim upgrades soon and I'll snag her tank [emoji6]

What do you think of your Nuvo 20? Thinking about getting one as the next nano upgrade for the next school year.

I like the 20 but wish the Lagoon 25 was out at the time.....that extra space would be nice. Only thing I do not like is no space for a decent skimmer so I do not run one and have had no issues so far. I just have a bigger return pump and a MP10 running at about 50%

If you are looking to get one Marine Depot has a sale going on 11% of anything and the IM Tanks are included.......and free shipping......

Love my nuvo wish I could buy bigger lolol. Actually thinking of looking for the Nuvo 10. But waiting to see if IM is going to come out with a newer 10 since they discontinued it

Where did you hear they were discontinued? That's news to me and can not find any info?

• Like 1

I like the 20 but wish the Lagoon 25 was out at the time.....that extra space would be nice. Only thing I do not like is no space for a decent skimmer so I do not run one and have had no issues so far. I just have a bigger return pump and a MP10 running at about 50%

If you are looking to get one Marine Depot has a sale going on 11% of anything and the IM Tanks are included.......and free shipping......

I think I would probably run no skimmer also. I think with weekly water changes and light feeding that I will be ok! Is that what you do to combat the nutrients with no skimmer?

So very tempting with Marine Depot. I was also thinking of just waiting until BRS does another group buy. Free shipping stand 10x the points. Not as good as 11% off but I still haven't settled on which model I want haha

• Like 1

I think I would probably run no skimmer also. I think with weekly water changes and light feeding that I will be ok! Is that what you do to combat the nutrients with no skimmer?

So very tempting with Marine Depot. I was also thinking of just waiting until BRS does another group buy. Free shipping stand 10x the points. Not as good as 11% off but I still haven't settled on which model I want haha

I feed the crap out of my tank :laugh:  I have 14 Rock Flowers, 2 plates, acans and some scolys that all get spot fed so food goes everywhere......I feed at least 1 frozen cube of brine shrimp every day. I just pull the floss every weekend when I do a water change. I only need to clean the glass about every 2 days and it is just a light film if that.

Yes going to a Versa 42 gallon someday :laugh: I need to replace carpet first......

Wow that's lots of food! Do you get lots of algae??

Not really tank is staying pretty stable. I get a few spot hear and there on the glass but a quick swipe with the nano magnet and it is good.

Oh maybe I miss read it. I could of sworn BRS or someone like had them discontinued. My bad just says out of stock. Should wear my glasses

All Nuvo Tanks with rounded corners were discontinued, with the 16Gallon being the biggest problem child of them all, Nuvo has since changed the design, as the curved glass tanks had serious leaking issues.

• Like 1

All Nuvo Tanks with rounded corners were discontinued, with the 16Gallon being the biggest problem child of them all, Nuvo has since changed the design, as the curved glass tanks had serious leaking issues.

yeah I was reading that also...

• 3 weeks later...