Brand spankin new

gavination

Howdy!

I've always wanted a saltwater reef tank from my undergrad days after taking invert zoology and things only got worse after the first time I wandered into C&C shortly after they opened. Besides, I already have a bunch of expensive hobbies like hand-crafted chef knives, alpine climbing, skiing, orchids, why not another?

Recently, things got rolling when a friend gave me a 14g biocube about a month back that he was no longer using. It's currently empty and cycling, but it's close! While waiting, I've been reading all manner of articles and posts; planning and plotting what I wanted to put in the tank (Montis and frogspawn and birds nest, oh my). During that time, I stumbled upon this group and figured I'd join and say hello. Looking forward to testing my patience while this thing finishes cycling!

Cheers.

Gavin.

• Like 5

I'll have to do that as soon as I figure it how Paratore! :D

Em, I realized that pretty quick! I was looking at modding it into a rimless tank, although there fear of it exploding deters me a little. But after that, adding a Kessil or Hydra 26 HD plus an MP10. Puts this hobby on par with chef knives! All of it is overkill for a nano, but I'm sure an upgrade will be in the works at and point. I already want more than will fit in this tiny tank!

• Like 1

To post pictures you have to get a photobucket account and upload the image there first and then copy the image link and then paste. I wish it was simpler to download pictures but that seems to be pretty standard for most forums.

You will fit right in here with already wanting to mod the biocube!????

• Like 1

Howdy!

I've always wanted a saltwater reef tank from my undergrad days after taking invert zoology and things only got worse after the first time I wandered into C&C shortly after they opened. Besides, I already have a bunch of expensive hobbies like hand-crafted chef knives, alpine climbing, skiing, orchids, why not another?

Recently, things got rolling when a friend gave me a 14g biocube about a month back that he was no longer using. It's currently empty and cycling, but it's close! While waiting, I've been reading all manner of articles and posts; planning and plotting what I wanted to put in the tank (Montis and frogspawn and birds nest, oh my). During that time, I stumbled upon this group and figured I'd join and say hello. Looking forward to testing my patience while this thing finishes cycling!

Cheers.

Gavin.

Hand crafted chef knives....that sounds interesting. Have you payed a visit to 18th generation samuri sword blade smith Murrry Carter? He's on the Discovery Channel show " Forged in Fire"   some of the best hand made knives around. He specializes in chef/kitchen knives. Just happens to be the business next to mine in Hillsboro.

• Like 3

Welcome Gavin! Cuttlefishandcoral is a great store. Jeff will steer you in the right direction

Jeff has been awesome already! Such a nice guy! Having the moderator approve all my posts sure makes real time edits hard haha. Can't wait until I reach my fifth post! :D 

Hand crafted chef knives....that sounds interesting. Have you payed a visit to 18th generation samuri sword blade smith Murrry Carter? He's on the Discovery Channel show " Forged in Fire"   some of the best hand made knives around. He specializes in chef/kitchen knives. Just happens to be the business next to mine in Hillsboro.

Like this one? (Assuming this works!)Carter51W1Nakiri130212a_zpslvm6r7io.jpg
  • Like 1

Hello!  I am fairly new too but have learned a lot already!  Most of my education has come from making mistakes!  haha!  The other comments are right..I was given a "free" Biocube 29  a couple of years ago but have spent a lot on upgrading and replacing the fish and corals that I lost due to my "learning experiences"  I think I have the basics now! Have fun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...