Good RO/DI unit???

Paratore

Saw this little RO/DI until on amazon. Have any of you used this little guy with success? What are your opinions on it? Its a small footprint and is only $59 for a 3 stage and for an extra $30 you can add a DI resign to make it a 4 stage. $90 for a 4 stage sounds good to me. What do you guys think, I would love to hear your thoughts on this unit. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOG63OY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks,

Cody

I just purchased one yesterday. I'll set it up and give you some feedback. My other unit was great but too large to handle so I wanted something compact. Mine was $50 on Amazon Prime. I think if you keep looking at the item the price drops ????

• Like 1

I just purchased one yesterday. I'll set it up and give you some feedback. My other unit was great but too large to handle so I wanted something compact. Mine was $50 on Amazon Prime. I think if you keep looking at the item the price drops [emoji1]

awesome price and with two day shipping you can't beat it! I'm not in a huge rush to get one, since I have an old one, so some feedback would be nice:)

Did you also get the "upgrade" DI resign part to make it 4 stage? Or just 3. Also are you using city water or well water?

Just getting some back ground to compare to my situation:) thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a reason these are such a good price and that DI.... you don't need it. An extra expense, you don't need. The reason they are cheap, is because of the cheap membranes, which are completely outdated, back to when RO first came out. You will hands down, have better success with a quality 3 stage with no DI, then a 4-6 stage cheap RO/DI. Plus the added expense of having to replace more membrane and that DI resin... spendy... These units also have been known to concentrate certain things like Nitrate or Ammonia...

http://www.aquarium-pond-answers.com/2016/01/use-of-ro-di-softwater-in-aquariums.html

• Like 2

I can't comment on the specific aquaticlife brand but I have used a unit off eBay for the last 4 years that uses the exact same filters as it and have had zero issues. Only reason I would consider upgrading is if I needed a higher output unit. I always run a DI stage, it's >5 TDS coming out of the RO but being I don't know what that 5 TDS is I would rather not have it in my tank if I can help it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Brand new , 4 stage RODI ....$89 at airwaterice.com I am a sponsor of the club... here is my link! ...Premium results...

http://theh2oguru.com/weeklyspecials.html

www.airwaterice.com

Email: sales@airwaterice.com

772-461-0256

home of the h2o guru

I'll check it out! Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

Well here we go......I look at it this way when it comes to a RO unit.....spend a little more and get a decent one. Spectrapure seems to be the leader in RO units and yes does cost a little more. BRS and the Filter guys make a decent unit. They all seem the same but I think when it comes down to it the membrane is what is going to matter the most. Look in to that and then decide........

We all want cheap but then when it comes to corals we do not cheap out......you have even 500 wrapped up in corals or even 5K why cheap out on what they live in......

Just do your homework when looking for a RO unit.....

• Like 1

If you wanted a better unit...check out my $150 typhoon 5 stage. Nothing out there comes close if you do a little homework here is the link...

http://theh2oguru.com/the-typhoon-reefkeeping-rodi-5-stage-with-asov.html

a4bde9cd26bca4e8eec53a6bcccefdbd.jpg

...check my time stamp- we are all about customer service and your results. Always the best zero tds for less!

www.airwaterice.com

772-461-0256

home of the h2o guru

• Like 1

Thats the unit I am looking to get. And not only is Air, Water & Ice's RODI products rock solid American made units they are a sponsor to the PNWMAS...Did I mention that they have a Life Time parts replacement warranty!?

These guys know whats up.

I was thinking of getting that unit too! Solid quality and a good price!

I also love the American made/PNWMAS sponsor part. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger in this guy here in the next few days:)

• Like 3

If you wanted a better unit...check out my $150 typhoon 5 stage. Nothing out there comes close if you do a little homework here is the link...

http://theh2oguru.com/the-typhoon-reefkeeping-rodi-5-stage-with-asov.html

a4bde9cd26bca4e8eec53a6bcccefdbd.jpg

...check my time stamp- we are all about customer service and your results. Always the best zero tds for less!

www.airwaterice.com

772-461-0256

home of the h2o guru

I have this unit and love it!
  • Like 2