Looking for dog....

Flash21

Daughters Bday is coming up and we have narrowed the results to a black pug and or a French bulldog.

I'm having trouble find one. As I wanna stay local. Everywhere I look says Oregon area or Seattle and once I contact them it's in Georgia or some other state.

Any help would be gladly taken.

You probably already know this, but Petco and PetSmart both have adoption events weekly, I think. We just got a Catahoula puppy rescue that was flown in from Mexico. I guess things are pretty bad there. Anyway, when we went they had young and old dogs small and large. Here's my little Ruby girl.6a20e7ad7097b104b7998f35df688e2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks.

Yes I have looked up and down at the pound and all.

Wife wants a Pug or French for the daughters birthday as our daughter has been bugging us.

So my deal with he daughter went out the door. I told our daughter when she moves out I'll buy her any dog of her choice. She's turning 6.

I understand.  I went through the same thing with the adoption sites.  The dogs are listed under "Portland" but then you find out they are actually in Houston or Phoenix or somewhere.  They are willing to ship, but I was wanting to meet the little guy/girl before committing.  It's a bummer they do it that way.  I guess I can understand why, but it really has a chilling effect.  I was ready to give up, too.

There are scammers freaking left and right!

Wife and I just unleashed a heard of them. We are very very cautious now as last weekend we had sent payment.

After my 2cents of researching it did not flow or nothing was adding up. So contacted our bank in Texas and they locked everything going in or out.

Now just 5mins ago 3 other scammers. Just tried to sucker us in. I smelled them out with in 2mins.

What's wrong with people?

So now we are going to couple local pet shops to see there reader board and talk to them for info.

I'm thinking ;

western pet supply

Hip hound

Critter cabana

Well to find a Frenchie you better do your homework.......it is not something that is going to happen in a weeks time. They are not cheap either as a good pet quality starts out at about 2500.00 and goes up from there. Also I know there are a few local breeders to the area but we got ours from a breeder in Oregon who is no longer breeding. I also saw way to many bad breeders out there also it is scary.......

This is probably one of the best breeders in the Northwest http://smokeyvalleyfrenchbulldog.com/ She has some amazing dogs but the prices show it.

A few weeks ago was the big dog show you should have hit that place as there are a bunch of breeders there. We went before we purchased ours and the breeder was showing a few dogs there also.

They are great dogs and will say get the Frenchie over the Pug but I am swayed by our little girl! :laugh: We also had a English and they are great dogs also.

Good luck on your search! and let us know what you end up with! Also you might try contacting Madmike here on the board as I know his wife works with a Frenchie rescue.

You know, dog shows are a good resource.  I hadn't thought of that, Scott.  I know that you missed the Portland one, but there are others in the Northwest pretty regularly.  Linn County is at the end of the month.  It's in Albany, about an hour south of Portland.  Here's a link to Jack Onofrio, the most active show coordinator.  www.onofrio.com

Even if you don't meet any breeders that can help out, it's fun to go and see all the breeds.  Good luck!

Oh, and a tip--when you talk to breeders, ask them if they have any "pet-quality" dogs.  Those are the ones that just aren't built to show under the strict guidelines of the AKC.  Usually there is one or two in a litter.  Also, you can't show dogs that are spayed/neutered aren't allowed to show, so they might have something there, too.

Thanks for all the info both of you.

I do understand the price of a French.

Our top dogs were a York until I found out hard to potty train them all the way.

English was on the list. Some kind of smaller dog that doesn't bark all the time. Now have limited to the two stated above.

We will see when the time comes we will put it off and something will happen.

She has a king size bed. So building her a bunk bed out of it for her birthday. So she will be shocked to see it next weekend.

So either way she will have a great birthday.

Anything for our daughter she is spoiled rotten! As she got her own reef tank for Xmas fully stocked and all.