BRS TV episode on Reef Chemistry

Gil&Fin

I subscribe to BRS TV, which if you don't know already is a youtube series BRS produces.  It basically has lots of fun and educational bits that are of interest to reefers.  In my opinion, it is very well done with great information for both the novice and experienced reefer.  Plus, the host, Ryan, is super cool.

Anyway, their most recent episode was extra-awesome, so I thought I'd post the link. 

It is about reef chemistry, specifically calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium.  But don't roll your eyes--it really explains it well, with graphics and all.  Before I watched it, I felt like I knew pretty much all I needed to keep everything in balance.  I can't say that after watching it I will change what I'm doing in any significant way, but I do feel I know what's going on more than I did.

Enjoy!

• Like 6

I subscribe to BRS TV, which if you don't know already is a youtube series BRS produces.  It basically has lots of fun and educational bits that are of interest to reefers.  In my opinion, it is very well done with great information for both the novice and experienced reefer.  Plus, the host, Ryan, is super cool.

Anyway, their most recent episode was extra-awesome, so I thought I'd post the link. 

It is about reef chemistry, specifically calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium.  But don't roll your eyes--it really explains it well, with graphics and all.  Before I watched it, I felt like I knew pretty much all I needed to keep everything in balance.  I can't say that after watching it I will change what I'm doing in any significant way, but I do feel I know what's going on more than I did.

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing, glad you guys liked it!

• Like 2

I know I might sound like an A$$hole for saying this, but i honestly cannot stand most youtube videos when it comes to people in the hobby, as most of their ums and voices and their constant droning on about topics just drives me up the wall, but two youtube channels I do like are Ryan From BRS TV (Btw if you didn't know he is the owner and founder of BRS) and Mark Callahan from Mr. Saltwater Tank TV. I really enjoy watching both of those guys and highly recommend them to anyone new or experienced in the hobby.

• Like 1

Agreed! BRS has some of the best videos! I have learned a lot from them! Thanks for sharing Holly!

I know I might sound like an A$$hole for saying this, but i honestly cannot stand most youtube videos when it comes to people in the hobby, as most of their ums and voices and their constant droning on about topics just drives me up the wall, but two youtube channels I do like are Ryan From BRS TV (Btw if you didn't know he is the owner and founder of BRS) and Mark Callahan from Mr. Saltwater Tank TV. I really enjoy watching both of those guys and highly recommend them to anyone new or experienced in the hobby.

Thanks!  Happy to hear you are enjoying the vids :)

• Like 2