Audios to my first saltwater fish

superjohnny

I'm pretty careful when buying fish. From the years of FW experience I've learned that a healthy fish can last a very long time so I plan accordingly. I bought a orange stripe goby (Randell I think they're called) from Waves at the PNWMAS meeting last weekend I was pretty excited. I did a 50% water change before I left and checked my temp, water conditions and acclimated him over the course of about an hour. When I put him in the tank he was scared and hid the first night. The next day I had him chomping down mysis shrimp and he was lookin' fat & happy. That was last Sunday & Monday. Last night when I got home from work I found the little guy sitting on the TV stand next to the tank. He made a good 5" jump out of the tank.

Moral of the story... the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bummer I lost my little fish. He cost $28 as well, that kinda pissed me off. I guess I'll need to fashion a cover before I get another one :/

I know how you feel. Have been thru the same here, i haven't gotten around to covering my tank, and the clowns don't jump so i don't think i'll add anymore fish to my tank. Lost a mandarin, royal gramma and six line wrasse to the same fate. I only had the wrasse for 4 hours!