WTB: Avast port hole

Paratore

I'm thinking of getting one of these guys for taking pictures. Wanted to see if anyone had one that they were looking to get rid of before I order one :)

Here is what they look like if you're not sure...4771cfc3c7cb38162da9b11ac6b0124b.jpg

Thanks,

Cody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris was making something similiar out of PVC and a piece of acrylic. It might suit your needs if your a bit handy.

that's a wonderful idea! I think I'll give that a shot before ordering one. Just need to get some acrylic now....

that's a wonderful idea! I think I'll give that a shot before ordering one. Just need to get some acrylic now....

If there is a Taps close to you you might be able to be remnant pieces for a dollar or two. The PVC piece will cost a couple dollars as well. Some glue... your basically set. The nylon threads that hold the lens still can be nice, but I find my left hand does an alright job at that too. I am not to keen on screwing things into my lens. 

If there is a Taps close to you you might be able to be remnant pieces for a dollar or two. The PVC piece will cost a couple dollars as well. Some glue... your basically set. The nylon threads that hold the lens still can be nice, but I find my left hand does an alright job at that too. I am not to keen on screwing things into my lens.

I actually text my dad to see if he had any acrylic in he shop and he said he thinks there is some there so I'll go dig through that stuff to see if I can find some! Otherwise Taps is like and hour and a half from my house. I may just try some stainless steal screws for now to see how they do! Otherwise I'll probably just use my left hand also lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing fancy by any means but it gets the job done! 4 inch wide black PVC siliconed to a piece of super thin acrylic I had. Super basic design. It works awesome! Just need to add some thumb screws next and grind the square look into a circle ha. 75a2c206bbdb4abb34efa25097e63544.jpg9729085806ffb63e039e796665aa7473.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...