Help with coral Photography??

matt

This tutorial series on youtube is helpful to understand the basics of reef photography. I have a Canon EOS 1200D and between a custom WB and using it's autofocus have been able to achieve some pretty nice pictures. I don't have a macro lens yet but I do have a decent macro diopter.

What's a macro Diopter [emoji23]

I'm just trying to find something to help get good macro shots without buying a macro lens haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's a macro Diopter [emoji23]

I'm just trying to find something to help get good macro shots without buying a macro lens haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put simply it's just a thing that screws on to the end of whatever lens you're using like a lens filter would.  It basically fakes your lens into being either macro or telescopic depending on what type of diopter you attach.  A macro lens is my next camera purchase though.  It's hard to fake the funk.  Check ebay, you can find these for super cheap and also macro lens' themselves are pretty inexpensive on there.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1fApoIpXXXXa2XFXXq6xXFXXX9/52MM-0-45x-Wide-Angle-font-b-Macro-b-font-font-b-Lens-b-font-High.jpg

That's what they typically look like, though that can vary. 

Edited by youcallmenny