Im a new paid member. Forgive my ignorance, how do the growouts work? depending on how they work, is there room in this grow out still?

I think your comment was missed, but in general, once the coral is fragged and healed, paid club members who signed up for the competition pick up their coral from the host.Once everyone has theirs, we post photos showing how many polyps we're each starting out with, since it will be slightly different amongst participants, and we explain what kind of system we're growing the coral in (lights, filtration, etc.), so others can learn what works well and what doesn't. Every so often (I think once a month?), we all post progress photos and polyp counts. Along the way, there will be some drop-outs, whether it's due to forgetting to post a photo, the coral dying, or something else; the number of participants always dwindles, and your chances of winning are decent if you just stay in the competition. After several months, the competition ends, and a winner is declared based on the growth achieved. It's a great way to get a cool coral for a low price, and it's fun seeing how you do compared with others. Winner gets bragging rights, sometimes gets to name the coral, and perhaps gets something tangible?  I'm not sure about the last bit, as I've never won! :blush:  

I think there is one spot left on this, but badxgillen will have to confirm. If there is, you should definitely jump in! :)

Edit: Maybe a few spots left?  The photo shows a few extras. 

Edited by Flashy Fins

Is any one able to snag some frags  at the meeting tomorrow for the Washington crowd? Kenshin, Snyderjd, flashyfins, the clark, ladysaber?

I'll be there and can pick-up for Washington peeps who give me a heads up. 

I'm supposed to get an acro from you for Jim, and of course I'll pick up my goniopora. 

If someone from WA can grab mine? Please let me know and can give them cash or PayPal funds to Bert? Let me know! Thanks!

I can get yours and bring it over after the meeting. I'll pay cash and settle with you once we weigh out my rock.

Wow, I'm a ditz. I totally mixed you up with Zwickm, due to our convo about the live rock. 

I can still pick yours up. Paypal to Bert seems simplest. 

Edited by Flashy Fins

Yes I there are a few more slots available.

Yes I will bring a number of them to the meet for people to pick up.

And yes there will be a paypal to pay once people have actually gotten their frag or cash is fine, $10 will cover everything.

I have had these guys for a few months now, they are looking pretty acclimated to the tank life to me. 

• Like 1

Mine is being bratty. This morning it looked like yours danlu and as my blues came on proof they hid. But on the other side the sticks I got from you are all out and looking awesome.

I find Goniopora can be very sensitive to light intensity.  They need time to adjust stronger lighting.  I've burned a couple in the past.  :(