estanoche

2016 Bob Moore Frag Swap in Tukwila (Seattle)

Come one - come all... It is frag swap time!

Planning is near final for the annual Bob Moore Frag Swap, and I'd like to personally invite all our southern members to join us! As is typical, we have a littany of sponsors, vendors, and fun lined up.

Did I mention we have a national speaker?? Meet Marc Levenson! Who doesn't love Marc? 

Full info; schedule, and your chance to buy tickets online is here: http://bobmooreswap.com

Over $3K in raffle items to be given away; and 10 vendors!!  Also; we are doing a promotion - if you can drop off one of our event flyers at your LFS, and tag yourself there, you can get a coupon code for 50% off your entrance ticket... Info here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/563759013781234/585932481563887/

barrier.pngcra.png

dynasty.pnginland.png

mbc.pngobd.png

ska.pngzoanth10.jpg

sb.pngfostersand.png

Rodslogo.pngairwaterandice.jpg

seaswirl.jpglegendary6.png

adb.jpg

• Like 3

I have decided I am going too and I'm going to bring a flyer to your shop today so I can get the discounted tickets if that's okay with you!????

• Like 2

Bob Moore Swap 2016

February 20th, 2016 Prepaid Entry @ 10AM Hours: 10:30AM - 4PM

Tukwila Community Center  12424 42nd Ave South  Tukwila, WA 98168

And thanks for dropping off the flyer at Cuttlefish & Corals! :D

You are welcome! This is a great event and there are other stores people can drop of flyers to to save money! Tickets are bought!

how long of a drive is this from Vancouver near PDX?

It's a little over 3 hours from my place. It's a little bit past Seattle. So my guess is about 2 hours 40 minutes from Vancouver. Well worth going. I have gotten some pretty cool zoas from trades I did in the past from Washington.

yeah we are going to go ahead and grab a few zoa for fillers. I will try to make it. I wont have anything to trade so just hoping to get a good deal

• Like 1

I don't think I can make that one. What's the chance I can possibly get someone to bring back some goodies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to all meet at my house and then head up?

You mean like a convoy over Roy? I would be interested. It would be early though as I would like to get there right at 10am.

what if your a new guy to the coral world and don't have any frags to swap; will there be corals to buy and people to meet?

There will be plenty of vendors that will be selling their treasures. Bring some plastic bags and a cooler to help transport them home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm so mad, I really wanted to go and trade. I had ten frags already to go and had hoped to frag another ten for trading.

Maybe I'll go and buy some zoas.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm so mad, I really wanted to go and trade. I had ten frags already to go and had hoped to frag another ten for trading.

Maybe I'll go and buy some zoas.

why are you not going?

I'm not happy to say it but I have found

montipora eating nudibranch and I think a zoa nudi.

For those with nothing to trade; the vendor's don't care! And, if you do want to trade; we will have a "trade table" setup so you have a meeting place for people to hookup and trade with you for pre-arranged trades, or you can hang in that area and hope to find a nice trade with a random attendee. Its a bit of chaos for those wanting to trade, as the swap as evolved to much more of a "sales place" over the years, but carry your cooler with you and offer up trades with anyone you meet!

You'd be surprised at the awesome stuff I've traded before... funny, things that are common in your area, are rarities to those up north, and vice versa!!

• Like 1

We need people at the PNWMAS Table!  We need volunteers. Who is going? Let's get some ride shares going!!!

I'd like to get an idea of about how many people are going to the Bob Moore Frag Swap. I know that I will be there!

We have an idea of how many people have said they are unable to attend. We need to know how many are going!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Will
      Brand new Marineland 300 deep dimension "corner flow" aquarium for sale. Includes new tank and new tank stand, black. Tank has never been filled and is currently in storage unit. I am only asking $2,000 firm. I am in the Beaverton area. 
      Willbowler@hotmail.com
    • By milesmiles902
      Hello everyone,
      I'm doing a poll to see how many people want a frag tank at "NW Frag Festival Is Coming - October 14th"
      Be aware, this would be at your own risk for items that are stolen, left behind, acquire reef pests etc...
      Poll closes in two weeks.
    • By TaylorW
      I have a few corals for sale, trying to make room. Sorry I know the pictures are not the best! 
      YELLOW/GREEN MAXI MINI CARPET ANENOME $15 (it's kind of folded in the pics, it's hard to get a decent picture)                                      SMALL ROCK WITH GREEN MUSHROOM AND ANTHELIA $5.      LARGE GREEN AND PURPLE RICORDIA MUSHROOM $7 (hard to tell how big it is in the pic but its approx 5 inches across)                      SMALL ROCK WITH KENYA TREE CORAL AND SMALL RED AND BLUE SPOTTED MUSHROOM $4 (a little hard to see in the pics)           MONTI CAP GREEN WITH BLUE POLYPS $10                      SMALLGREEN/BLUE MUSHROOM $2                                               GREEN HAIRY MUSHROOM $3      KENYA TREE CORAL FRAGS $2         XENIA FRAG $4.                                 GREEN WITH RED BULB TIPS MAJANO ANENOMES $2    
      Take everything for $40!
      Text 503-935-6334     

• By TaylorW
      I'm thinking about getting some magnetic frag plugs, I have two diy ones now, I took the magnets off some old powerheads I had that don't work anymore and covered them in epoxy and let it dry. Then I glued some zoas on them, it worked great but I think a few real ones would be nice because I'd like to try some monti cap on the glass. So does anyone know of a good place to get any, even a good place online that sells them (preferably without a crazy shipping fee) and what they usually sell them for? Or if anyone has any they want to sell or trade for, or any old powerheads laying around with magnets that would be great too! I'm sure I could give you a couple  $ or frag or something. Any advice would be awesome! 
    • By badxgillen
      Some of you may have heard that the May meeting coming up is being held at the North West Aquatics breeding facility in Tangent Oregon.
      In addition to the presentation, tour, and raffle there will be another one of those fine frag swaps we put on every few months. Colby, who runs the facility, has mentioned he could facilitate our club with some electricity and some water, so we figured why not setup the small frag tank for the swap. Miles and I will be bringing in a setup to keep your corals fresh and looking good for those of you who want to do your trading out of the bag.
      If you would like, you can do your trading on the fly by just bringing by a few pieces and hoping that some one will have a desirable coral you want...Or better yet, you can post up what you have to trade and work out a preemptive exchange here on the forums, that method always works best for me. You can feel free to use this thread to post your trade-ables in or start a thread of your own.
      But First, let me get you some of Bert's basis tips for success here.
      1.) make an attempt to have a fragment of reasonable size and health and try and get things cut and ready a few days to a week ahead of time to have the wounds healed up for the exchange. And double/triple check for pest invertebrates or algaes before sending your corals out, we try to keep invasives to a minimum here...And once you get your frags home, just in case, always acclimate the specimens then dip the corals before you put them into your personal aquarium.
      2.) Try to package your corals appropriately. This can mean not putting a spiny coral like birds nest into a thin dollar store bag or not utilizing insulation on an extended cold or warm trip. Try a small cooler or Styrofoam. If you can't find either of these and the destination is a long distance, keep the vehicle air conditioned or heated appropriately. As far as packaging goes you can double bag and use thicker mil plastics, or something else like a Tupperware or specimen container. I have even used washed out yogurt or cottage cheese containers that stack well inside the coolers. Just use something that will work, nothing like losing a nice and colorful animal because the bag got too cold and leaked all the water out on the way home.
      3.)Do your best to be courteous and fair to one another by not take advantage of each others ignorance or generosity. These are people of all levels in the hobby so give them the benefit of your knowledge and experience instead of the cold shoulder. And speaking of generosity, that giving nature has always been smiled upon here at PNWMAS and pay it forward tends comes back around these parts.
      Well, the meeting is only two weeks away so we got to get the ball rolling people,
      I'll get us started.
      Twilight Dragon Needs a trimmin