Quantum PAR Meter / Muli-Test Meter Booking Thread

JManrow

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the list from the front page and stuck it here for easy viewing. People added :)

*** NEW METER as of June 2016***

1. Milesmiles902...6-25-16

2. Gil&Fin...7-1

3.ChrisQ...wants to skip

4. Zwickm...wants to skip

5. Higher Thinking

6. Bicycle Bill

7. Zoolander 11-10-16

8. Salty Pickle

9. youcallmenny 

10. Paratore

11. albertareef

12. Grassi
  • Like 1

I would really like to get on the list. Not a paying member but would be more then happy to make a donation to the club. I live in Seattle so haven't been able to justify becoming a member since most of you live in Portland. Let me know if something like this is possible.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Am I in the right place?  I want to get on the mysterious list for the PAR meter.  The last post in this thread in for April, 2016.  

If I am so lucky as to get on the list, how am I contacted, and how can I see the list?  When does the deposit need to be paid?  How is the refund handled?

Am I in the right place? I want to get on the mysterious list for the PAR meter. The last post in this thread in for April, 2016.

If I am so lucky as to get on the list, how am I contacted, and how can I see the list? When does the deposit need to be paid? How is the refund handled?

You need to go to the subsequent pages of the thread. You're only seeing April as the last post because you haven't looked at pages 2, 3, or 4. Send a PM to Mr. Bret and he can help you out. When it's your turn to borrow the unit, use PayPal to send him the deposit. When you return it, he'll send the money back to you.

Pickup and drop off needs to be organized by the respective parties. You may be able to use one of our sponsoring LFS as a pickup site.

Thanks Mr. or Ms. Higher Learning.  It is taking me some time to learn the basics (tricks?) of navigating and using a forum.  I wonder why the "Reply to this topic" box is at the bottom of every page rather than just the last page.  In any case, now I know this.  My next step is to learn about PMs.

• 4 weeks later...

Grassi i added you to the list.  Sorry for the delay in getting the par meter fixed people. I got busy and let sending it off slip. The officers and board are currently discussing the fix. The leading option looks like a new unit with a USB reader instead of the hand held unit that likes to go for a swim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Emerald for your March 8th status report for the PAR meter.  Is an ETA in sight?   I believe rightly or wrongly that I badly need to know my light settings for my original AI Hydra (now Hydra 52) which lights my JBJ rimless 30.  Some knowledgeable LFS people say to set the blues and white in the 40-60 range and others say just half of that.  My SPS and LPS are dying left and right.  

So I am very anxious to get my turn on the Club's new PAR meter.  Will my turn come in six weeks or six months?  So anxious that I am wonderlng if I should spring for my own meter using money I have saved for the baby's food.  Could another choice be to buy the Seneye to get my reading?

Minor admission:  there has not been a baby in our house for the last 44 years.

3 minutes ago, Trailermann said:

Thank you Emerald for your March 8th status report for the PAR meter.  Is an ETA in sight?   I believe rightly or wrongly that I badly need to know my light settings for my original AI Hydra (now Hydra 52) which lights my JBJ rimless 30.  Some knowledgeable LFS people say to set the blues and white in the 40-60 range and others say just half of that.  My SPS and LPS are dying left and right.  

So I am very anxious to get my turn on the Club's new PAR meter.  Will my turn come in six weeks or six months?  So anxious that I am wonderlng if I should spring for my own meter using money I have saved for the baby's food.  Could another choice be to buy the Seneye to get my reading?

Minor admission:  there has not been a baby in our house for the last 44 years.

Sorry to hear that. I probably would have let you cut the line... I realize that between all the other stuff that I do for the club I just couldn't do one more thing and our newest member Flashy Fins has the par meter in her possession and is working out the details and will be posting a thread soon.

I really do appreciate your patience considering what you are dealing with.. Sorry to hear about your sps and LPS dying off.  Personally I think there is probably more of a problem than just PAR as corals tend to adapt and LPS typically do not have as high as light requirements.