Group Buy Pukani Live Air Rock

Hi everyone!

Putting feelers out for this idea.

I'm wondering if others would be interested in sharing the cost of an order of Pukani from Bulk Reef Supply. I don't want a full 48lbs, just 10ish-lbs to seed my tank with more natural organisms, sponges, coraline, etc.

Here is a link : http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/live-pukani-rock-air-ships-directly-from-fiji-48-pounds-walt-smith.html

Really amazing stuff! Would anyone else want to go in on part of an order 48lbs or greater? It cost $250 got 48lbs so approx $5 pound.

Let me know.

Mike

So it sounds like we'll probably have enough interest! Pukani rock is the best both visually and from a biological capacity perspective. I've seen the rock they send before and it really looks as nice as the pictures!

I'm happy to facilitate the ordering process and have it shipped to my address unless someone else would like to do that?

The next possible order needs to be placed by 2/22 for a 3/11 delivery so we have a bit of time.

Closer to ordering time, I'll reach back out to everyone who is interested to confirm. I'll want to collect a deposit for the weight you think you'll need but we can true up when it arrives based on what you actually end up taking. It'll break down to $5.20 lbs which is the exact cost per lbs for 48lbs per the BRS website. We can wait to do all this until closer to 2/22 but a heads up.

More people please feel free to join in! We can order as much as people want as long as it exceeds 48lbs. Right now we have 15-30lbs worth of interest.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Zwickm

I would be interested in this order. looking to only use live rock for a 30g cube. So 30-45lbs depending on how dense.

That is if its not to late.

Thanks,

JR 

Not trying to mess this up but a 30 cube and Pukani you will probably only need 25lbs......that stuff is light and goes a long way. You get 45lbs and there will be no room for fish or corals :laugh:

Not trying to mess this up but a 30 cube and Pukani you will probably only need 25lbs......that stuff is light and goes a long way. You get 45lbs and there will be no room for fish or corals :laugh:

You're probably right about that. It would be pretty crowded. :-)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm planning to place the order by this Wednesday (2/17) unless i receive all deposits before then.  Since the order will cost $250 for 48lbs, i'm going to ask that everyone send me a PayPal for the amount they want to purchase. We can true up upon pickup if you want more or less.  Unfortunately, the order can only be placed in increments of 48lbs so unless we want to order 96lbs for $500, i'm going to limit it to the 48lbs across the group.

Here is the breakdown of costs:

48lbs @ $250 = $5.20lbs      (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/live-pukani-rock-air-ships-directly-from-fiji-48-pounds-walt-smith.html)

Zwickm:                         14lbs =  $72.80

Optimusprime3605:       5lbs =  $26

Emerald525:                  8lbs =  $41.60

Bevo5:                           8lbs =  $41.60

Flashy Fins:                   8lbs =  $41.60

Spectra:                         5lbs =  $26

My PayPal email is: zwickmichael@gmail.com

If anyone decided they don't want to order, no worries, just let me know. If you want to change the amount i have you listed for, that is ok too, message me.

When the rock arrives, i will immediately place it in a container that is heated, has light and saltwater. You will be able to come pick it up from my home address in SW Portland anytime. The address will be PM'd to everyone once you confirm your order with me.

Thanks,

Mike