Strange Montipora Cap. Crash

jasonv6974

Ok, so i just get back from vacation and i am noticing my green with purple rim monti having 10 white spots in different areas that are dead the size of a BB. I am also starting to notice this on my large red monti colony. The only thing i can think of is there being some kind of acro eating flat worm that only goes for monti's? My scooter blennies are swimming onto the caps and it looks as if their trying to eat something off of it, could this be the cause and should i remove the fish or could they be eating something thats bad for the corals?

Any suggestions would be amazing, and how would i go about checking for those flatworms i hear they are pretty difficult to see. thanks again.

Try a quick freshwater dip to see if anything falls off. If it does, get a picture of it and post it for identification. Probably a nudi or a flatworm. There seems to be a lot of them going around right now.

If it is the flatworm, they are easier to get rid of. If it is the nudi, they are difficult to get rid of. Good luck.

dsoz :)