My new tank

Jay

Finally I took some pictures of the tank I got from Rosecity Aquarium a few months back. Steve there took great care of me and I am happy with the tank. Great job with the hardware Steve!!

Jay

120 Gallon center overflow walkaround tank setup as a room devider. I will be doing better pictures soon but I just snapped these quickly.

post-199-141867767289_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867767294_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867767298_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I've enjoyed the anemone very much. I added another clarki clownfish recently and the clown I had finally accepted him. He wanted love on that anemone so bad he was constantly begging the other clown let him close to the anemone. They were doing that funny shaking dance they do when they are not happy to see another clownfish near its anemone. That anemone is still growing. I dont know how big it might get. I did quit feeding it silversides so much. It only gets what shredded seafood the clown brings it when I feed the fish but its still enough for it to grow. I bet I could feed that sucker a 12 inch rainbow trout and it would have no problem swallowing it.

Jay

Heres some more photos of the hardware. I have a Calcium Reactor installed and a PH moniter but no PH controler. I may get one soon to automate the reactor more. Excuse the spaghetti wireing as its still a work in progress. Notice I have my water from my Reverse Osmisis unit and power comming from under my house into the stand so there is no electric cords anywhere outside the tank. I had GFI circuts and a heavy duty breaker installed when I had the electrician move my fuze block when I did the remodel of the house. That way I wont be blowing fuzes with the lights. I also just got a airconditioner for the house (thank God its been hot) so I dont have a chiller. You cannot see the lighting stuff very well in the picture but here it is.

Im happy so far. I still have lots to learn about keeping my corals colors nice and bright but I will be checking all my water parameters and temp and keeping them constant all the time. Ithink this along with the lights on a set schedual instead of turning them on manually whenever I want will help. I am also thinking I need to loose most of the soft corals. They have been with me for over 4 years now and some are really big. I keep cutting them back and they just keep growing. I wish I had never even had most as they have turned into weeds. Anyone want some just stop by and I will lopp off a big piece....

Jay

post-199-141867736846_thumb.jpg

post-199-14186773685_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867736854_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867736858_thumb.jpg

Very nice looking tank! Maybe I'll have to make a trip up there some day to see the tank...and maybe you could lob me off a big piece of coral...I'm not picky. :D

I did not see the tank, but I did get some great corals from Jay! Two HUGE pieces of Kenya tree, a monster 3-headed frogspawn with the most vibrant colors that I have ever seen, and a great double head of torch. It really lights up my tank (pun intended). And then there are these awesome zoas. They are just HUGE!

I really made out like a bandit in this deal. I really feel guilty that I could not bring more to my side of the trade. That and I ended up with the xenia that he was supposed to take from me. I really got to get it to him somehow.

Jay is one of the nicest guys that I have met. I am glad that I had a few minutes to sit and talk with him today. :)

dsoz

Very nice!

I love the tall stand too!

I've never understood why the standard height of tank stands is 30"...not everyone sits in front of their tank. When people first come into a building and notice a tank, they're always standing. It's not like they run and sit down to enjoy looking at it...

Mine are on 36" stands. How tall is yours? Looks like it's much higher than 36"!

'Love that it's a walk-around too!

More pics would surely be nice... (whistle)