My IM 25G Lagoon Reef

R-3

Well i'm back....

After taking some time off from tanks I got the itch again. I decided to go with the new IM Lagoon 25. The depth of this tank is awesome for a small AIO. I am really excited to get this thing going.

Not 100% sure on all the equipment yet as I'm still trying to iron that out. I'm leaning towards LEDs. I'm thinking either an AI fixture or a Radeon. Possibly will go with an innovative marine ghost skimmer. Still looking to see if there's better options out there. For flow I will go with a MP 10 or Jebao RW4. The new innovative marine tanks come with the filter socks so I'll probably keep one and use a caddy on the other. I still need to build a stand as I did not like the stock ones.

I will be trying out AquaForest reef products for my salt and supplement. Seems like they make a top-quality product. Livestock will be limited to a few fish. Coral wise it will be a mixture of SPS, LPS, and zoas.

Pics from today-

Look what showed up-

Edited by R-3

That is one sexy looking tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It looks pretty sweet!

Looks good Ryan but no Radion.......unless you like a disco effect.......

I hated the XR15 in my Nuvo.....I went with the Kessil an love what it looks like......

And on the new build well........IMG_1356.jpg

Disco effect? Explain. Maybe AI is the way to go then

Would love to do an ATI fixture. Just gotta find a way to mount without hanging it :) 

I dont see any pics but your sig says red sea is that what you got?

The itch is always there is just time that holds us back from jumping in getting what we need again :)

Was having trouble posting pics lol! I got a IM 25G Lagoon. Pics are up now

The disco effect on the sand bed.....you know when colors show up on the sand.

That is one thing  I do not like about LEDS........ they seem to show up on the sand.

With the Kessils there is no effect on the sand bed.

Okay I got you. Definitely isn't natural reef looking. Makes sense.

Hey guys im trying to figure out lighting for this. Tank will be housing softies, lps and sps. I would prefer something that is tank mountable but mounted to the stand would be okay too. I just dont want something hanging. Im looking at either the Hydra 26 or 2 AI Primes. I like that with these lights you do not have to purchase a separate controller. Anyone have any recommendations? 

One prime would likely be enough for LPS answer softies, these lights are bright!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

If i go that route I will probably buy one and then wait after the cycle to buy another :)

• Like 1

Made some more progress over the weekend. Got the stand primed, door framed and the top built. Hopefully I get the stand painted and the top sealed before the weekend. Here are some pics.

Stand primed

b5nCGIm.jpg

Top glued together

MArMuqX.jpg

Closeup of the top sanded waiting to be sealed

GnLWGRl.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...