Bowen's IM Fusion 10

bowen1022

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up getting a few snails and crabs the other day have been busy with school and track so that's why I haven't posted lately. I only got 10 total I believe 8 snails (Nassarius and nerite) and 2 crabs (blue and red leg). I didn't take a photo of them. 

Today I got a black clown (its name is Otto biggrin.png ) and then my fiance, thinking since my tank was cycled, surprised me with a coral. I am thankful for the coral but am really nervous because she got me an SPS frag and I don't have any SPS experience. So any tips to keep it alive and growing would be much appreciated. 

Here are a few photos of Otto and the new coral. I don't have an ID on the coral so any input? Also getting some new bigger grained sand from LFS on Thursday. Thank you for looking!

Will work on better photos tomorrow. I took these in a hurry

I did a 25% water change and some testing today.

Test Results

pH=8.2

Ca=380ppm (A little low?)

Mg=1300ppm

Alk= 9.8dkh (High?)

I also noticed my temp was super low after my waterchange around 73 degrees! So I came to find out that my heater is a little wacky so I'm going to be buying a cobalt neotherm. I thought it was weird for my Jager to act up but whatever I guess. Hopefully nothing terrible happens. I have a crappy replacement heater that I threw in for now and it has been bringing the temp up slowly. 

So I just got back for the weekend and did some testing. My params are all over the place.

Calcium: 350ppm

Magnesium: 1060ppm

Alkalinity: 9.0dkh

pH: 8.0

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite: .25ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

Idk what could have caused this spike none of my creatures are dead. Also I cleaned the sandbed (well attempted to clean it my siphon doesn't do a very good job for some reason) and changed out filter floss, put in purigen. Any advice would be great. Thank you!

How do you like the micro ato? I'm thinking of getting one

I really like it! The best part is it comes with everything all you have to do is cut the tubing for the siphon check (I messed this up first time so make sure you do it a few inches above your ATO waterline) and then plug it in. The sensor is really small, about the size of a penny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today I got five new frags (Thanks Paratore) and the IM Desktop Skimmer. Here are a few photos of everything sorry they are blurry because of microbubbles.

Dipping

IMG_1241_zps6sxkm6cv.jpg

Hammer

IMG_1242_zps6onbulsc.jpg

IMG_1257_zpszsok1oel.jpg

Birds of Paradise - Birdsnest 

IMG_1247_zpsy3axej7v.jpg

IMG_1254_zpspip2ejvp.jpg

Lavender Mint Sarmentosa

IMG_1250_zpshwjhduxm.jpg

IMG_1253_zpskjc1d8hy.jpg

Blue German Digi