5.5 Piece of the ocean

bowen1022

Hello Everyone!

I have recently started to gather some materials for a 5.5 gallon Pico Reef. Due to living in an apartment and not wanting to risk any major accidents I have decided to start this small pico. I live in North Idaho but attend college in Portland. My aquarium will be kept in my dorm room at school when it starts back up again.

My current equipment includes:

-5.5 Gallon AGA

-Aquaclear 30

-Current Marine LED (This will be upgraded in the future)

-Eheim Jager 50w heater

-Jebao wp10

-API Saltwater Test Kit

-Fluval Hydrometer (Will be upgrading to refractometer)

Tank Contents:

-10lb Bag Caribsea Aragalive Bahama Oolite

-4lbs Reef Saver from BRS

-Reef Crystals for salt

My Socking Plans:

Fish/Inverts

-CUC from Reef Cleaners 

-Goby of some sort (Any Ideas??)

-Cleaner Shrimp

Coral (Sticking with Softies/LPS for now)

-Frogspawn

-Maybe GSP (I know it grows fast)

-Sun Coral

-Acan?

-Xenia

I know I don't have a lot of room so a lot of these are just ideas

Thanks for the view

Will post pics soon!

• Like 1

I think you may find a wp10 on a 5 gallon to be way too much flow. I run one on a 29 gallon and its pretty powerfull even at its lowest setting.

+1. I run one on my 40b nem tank and I have to keep it on the middle/lowest setting cuz it's super powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a WPQD40 on my 44G tank. Set right it is just fine. Maybe I got a slow one? It was brand new two months ago. I do enjoy the QD though.

I like the sounds of your tank. It should be awesome when it's done. I have a mushroom you can have as well as a green tree thingy? Those two items I need to get rid of soon so let me know a sap on those. I will for sure give you some zoas when your ready, just let me know.

Edited by fishboys

So I switched directions with the tank. I have decided on an Innovative Marine Fusion 10 with an Aqua Illumination Prime. The other equipment will remain the same except the aquaclear. For some reason all of the photos of my aquascape are too big :/ Any ideas how to get them up? Thanks!

Also thank you guys for all the support!

• Like 2

So I switched directions with the tank. I have decided on an Innovative Marine Fusion 10 with an Aqua Illumination Prime. The other equipment will remain the same except the aquaclear. For some reason all of the photos of my aquascape are too big :/ Any ideas how to get them up? Thanks!

Also thank you guys for all the support!

Yep photobucket go make a new tank build thread so we can follow love looking at them :)  But photoucket your able to post the pics so it isn't hosted here.