MY 90 Gallon Tank Build

StayPuff

Looks good!

I am not a fan of covers but I know hey are needed......my fusion has one but yet I lost a fish to carpet surfing :sad:

Ya I hate it to but I have lots about 5 fish in my time due to no top I do want wrasse later and they do jump I found one of them on the carpet before lost a nice eel once to and few other maybe actually now that I think about it 6 to 8 fish lost.

Actually it looks pretty decent on top it will keep everything in and my main concern was the light making sure the light goes through and I don't lose %'s of what I have going in but just looking at it I think it will be ok

So I met Spectra at Oceans in a box I had to grab me a couple little guys War Coral listed first will have outstanding color and a Favite tiny guys looking forward to watching them grow.

Well not atleast I have something tiny in there for now :)

20160102_143258_resized.jpg

20160102_143245_resized.jpg

20160102_144445_resized.jpg

20160102_144500_resized.jpg

• Like 2

For those asking about my clowns btw those are Puzzle Mocha's very rare and even in these pics they don't look as good as they do in person.

Travis had these at Upscales the fish are loving the tank swimming like they own the world. 

They don't leave each others side and I do name my fish if you look at the pic with the black mark around his mouth that is vador. the other name is poca hey my daughter wanted to name one :)

I know most people don't name there stuff but I do :)

The fish are amazing I will say that.

• Like 1

For those asking about my clowns btw those are Puzzle Mocha's very rare and even in these pics they don't look as good as they do in person.

Travis had these at Upscales the fish are loving the tank swimming like they own the world. 

They don't leave each others side and I do name my fish if you look at the pic with the black mark around his mouth that is vador. the other name is poca hey my daughter wanted to name one :)

I know most people don't name there stuff but I do :)

The fish are amazing I will say that.

I to let my kids name my fish and we have a Vader fish and a pumpkin =)

• Like 1

I to let my kids name my fish and we have a Vader fish and a pumpkin =)

Vader and a Vador :)

Pumpkin wonderful :)

its nice when you have attachment to the tank it is apart of the family and for some people its the only family they have and these tanks are like kids they need attention :)

I will be getting about 10 more fish but thats way later im starting way small for now :)

I would like to get a eel again but for some reason every time i got eel he would eat things in the tank.  But they sure are cool.. 

Did you use the 1/8" or 1/4" Brad?  Do you like it better than the black stuff?  I have not tried the clear but used the black on three tanks.

Thanks

I've always used the 1/4" but the last batch I got from marine depot was to thick and I couldn't get in to stay in the grooves regardless of what splining I used so I had to go with the black netting used for fruit trees. The black has much bigger squares and I've got few fairy wrasse fish that could easily get through, mainly the female flame and rhomboid :(

I will switch to the BRS.......well let's just say it's "on the list"

Nice tank for sure! A nice alternative to the screen is this stuff which I've used on all my tanks that need tops

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/clear-netting.html

Yea I seen that stuff I like how this went together with the spline and my buddy did a light test and is nailing the bottom good still and great color with these LED'S I got to say I'm feeling pretty darn excited.  Never went with LED and I got good deal on them so pretty happy on that to :)

I Do like that netting and actually what I might do is get some of that and make a back up screen for down the road is something happens.

Did you use the 1/8" or 1/4" Brad?  Do you like it better than the black stuff?  I have not tried the clear but used the black on three tanks.

Thanks

Curious with the black did you do any par test with the light? I was told you lost par to the bottom with the black so I was just wondering?  I bet the black looks pretty nice on top though .

That would just be my only concern.

I like this insect screen I will get a wrasse later and like the eel they like to try to get out so nothing is getting out of this insect screen and its strong as heck to. the screen cost me like 3 bucks the frame I think was like 4.17 I know under 5.00 so works great

New Toys and Some new company added to the tank today.

Got myself a Phosban Reactor 150 added to the tank 

Yellow tail wrassie

Orchid dottyback these suckers are bright as can be just flat beautiful and brings all kinds of life to the tank. I say these because i got a pair of them.

Then a tail spot blenny he is by the wrassie in the one pic he already is trying to hide in every little crack he can.  PS Like the yellow tail looks like he has a O on his Back Oregon :)

20160108_194031_resized.jpg

20160108_132144_resized.jpg

They are by the RBTA

20160108_135951_resized.jpg

Then the last pics i moved the rocks around this will be the final spot before i really start adding things now i wanted to make sure i had things set the way i wanted them so all good now.

Ill try to get zoom pictures when they all get settled in them dotty backs are so beautiful and there not the real mean ones. Anyhow pic below is tank now 

20160108_194109_resized_1.jpg

Edited by StayPuff

Ok 1 more new toy

The  red sea 350 comes with a auto top off system so i went out and got 1 more toy for back up.

20160109_131150_resized.jpg

So now i will run this electronic Top off system and if this fails it will go to the float valve.  Kind of like the Tunza so now i have back up as well.

I think im done buying toys for the tank now its time to get frags and thats soon :) 

Everything is looking great running great,

So i added a few rock new to the tank today  the pictures dont really do them justice under the lights these things glow in the dark the colors are nice.

Welcome to the new home . They are mostly closed up and there is a bright pink one was hiding so i didnt get a pic of that.. Later on ill i will try to get some more pics.

20160116_112244_resized.jpg

20160116_112817_resized.jpg

20160116_112311_001_resized.jpg

20160116_111710_resized.jpg

20160116_111706_resized.jpg

Edited by StayPuff

• 2 weeks later...

Ok below is a list of new goodies

Frogspawn neon green tip 2 heads 

Ding dangs

Golden Torch there are 2 kinds here 12 heads total

Also a couple other things if anyone knows what they are let me know :)

EDIT ::  I wanted to say                         Please feel free to like or add any advice or comments to my build :)

20160131_145554_resized.jpg

20160131_142754_resized.jpg

20160131_145621_resized.jpg

20160131_142859_001_resized.jpg

20160131_142806_resized.jpg

20160131_142824_resized.jpg

20160131_142843_resized.jpg

Edited by StayPuff

Does anyone even look at my thread LMAO

Ok these are the same things only with the blue lights on.  The Torch still dont show the nice color ill get more pics of the actual look on them someday but man all these sure bring life and excitement to the tank i hope you enjoy as i build and add to my tank.

Torch golden and some other kind

20160131_211634_resized.jpg

Frogspawn purple tip

20160131_211825_resized.jpg

Frogspawn again

20160131_211758_resized.jpg

20160131_212533_resized.jpg

20160131_142754_resized.jpg

EDIT:

So what do ya think? The pic on the right on the torch shows green its a bright golden with purple tips it does not show it on the pic.. 

The torch on the left is green with purple tips.. Still  it does not show how beautiful they are coming out of the camera. 

Edited by StayPuff