MY 90 Gallon Tank Build

StayPuff

Here is what I'm at right now ill have everything I need Saturday

After looking for a couple months I decided to go brand new everything nothing is used so I can do everything my way from the start

90 Gallon tank with sump and stand

Duel 48 LED remote OceanReeve lights

Reef Octopus classic 110 with the 1000S Pinewheel  pump thing is a beast up to 130 gallons

So far all I have are the lights and skimmer I will get everything else tomorrow

I'll try and post pics as I go . Hopfully in the next couple days ill have things some what set up

http://www.2daydeliver.com/product_detail.php?id=SKUB0188GFK02&category=Home+%26+Garden+&sub_category=+Bathroom+Accessories+%3E+Toilet+Brush+Replacement+Heads&last_node=Toilet+Brush+Replacement+Heads#.Vn2sy4-cGUk

Just picked me up 2 of these today one of these last a year.

You can find some Utube Videos on these let me tell you people in Florida use them all over i used them when i had my tank up here as well.

You dont need to get out a toothbrush and these work great for cleaning some rocks lightly as well ..

I have used similier to this product for 15 years thought id share this little trick and seach them up on cleaning you will see some folks use this and they are a wonderful tool to have for a Aqurium .

Cleaning power heads and other areas are a snap

So it looks like you will have the tank setup by the new year, very exciting. Are those the T-247 LEDs? Oh Boy, that looks like a brand new skimmer! for some reason I always like breaking in a new skimmer and seeing how it performs. I know, call me crazy. 

For most of my cleaning I have some Betty Crocker brushes but that looks quite a bit more narrow.

• Like 1

So it looks like you will have the tank setup by the new year, very exciting. Are those the T-247 LEDs? Oh Boy, that looks like a brand new skimmer! for some reason I always like breaking in a new skimmer and seeing how it performs. I know, call me crazy. 

For most of my cleaning I have some Betty Crocker brushes but that looks quite a bit more narrow.

Yes that's what they are and also yes the skimmer is brand new so is the tank and stand . I just got it up and running right now :)

Got the tank from upscales Travis..

I always liked going there or calling him or emailing him his customer service is why I keep going back.,

But I got the  lights from a buddy still in the box he never touched them I took the plastic off I always used T5 'S So ill try these out I have 2 of these to hook up I didn't hook up the lights yet ill do that tomorrow.

I bought the red Sea 150

and also the big bad boy Gyre wow this thing is amazing in how it makes waves it really looks like the actual ocean the way some of these settings on this thing can do I only played with it for a hour I cant wait to play with the controls tomorrow for this.

Sump set up

http://imgur.com/1EBdn29

Tank forgive the water its a mess right now lol

http://imgur.com/WkI2qUH

Tomorrow all the water should settle a bit to look better

http://imgur.com/8BjykkX

BTW I'm not able to edit my main post huh? Guess we will have to just look at all my links as I build it up :)

BTW I like to get things done :)

1 More note I like this over flow top off system it has built into it but I might run a 5 gallon jug on the right side where its all open and run a 5 gallon jug there run a longer hose to it for the auto top off but we will see how well works first before my plan of attack.

My skimmer sits to low in the sump I think its 7 to 8 inch in the water need to look that up its 9 and half right now.

I went and got me some egg crates so ill build something tomorrow. Also I want to make something for the top of the tank to I have huge piece of egg crate might just put it over the top for any jumping  fish later.

As I just mentioned the Gyre generator I got is huge I got the big one and like I mentioned the waves you can do and different formations it makes the water go in the tank is pretty amazing.

I would highly recommend these.

I will post more as I go :)

Day 2 im a bit lazy today just reading reviews and looking over the net for reviews on certain things as well.

I'll go install the lights here in a bit i keep having to check to make sure things are running ok i must say i have never been around a aquraium that is so silent.

It;s like a hybred car you dont even know it's running the Reef Octopus 110 i have running is so quiet the whole system is im amazed so far as to how well things are running so quit and nice.

Salinty after 24 hours is running 1.024

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/wYDWw2c

http://imgur.com/YFF1yxS

Got the OceanRevice T247 Full spec installed the watter is still cloudy it will be that way for another day or two.

I get them set for 9 am start up 11 pm shutdown.

The 2 of them bring out massive color in the tank im sure once the cloud from the water settles it will look better.

Now i just wait and keep testing everything.  I was always a T5 person so this is my first time trying LED so we shall see how this goes.

Today i dropped in pods and cleaner crew the blue light shows the purple on these rocks like nothing if ever seen with these LED'S I took pics but no way does it show just how beautiful it is.

All test are running perfect Salinity at .25 still

Tank is looking wonderfull added 1 last rock to the tank to make my formation ill get more pics later the set up i like a lot

I just need a camera that can take good pics of the amazing purple and red on the rocks..

Yes that's what they are and also yes the skimmer is brand new so is the tank and stand . I just got it up and running right now :)

Got the tank from upscales Travis..

I always liked going there or calling him or emailing him his customer service is why I keep going back.,

But I got the  lights from a buddy still in the box he never touched them I took the plastic off I always used T5 'S So ill try these out I have 2 of these to hook up I didn't hook up the lights yet ill do that tomorrow.

I bought the red Sea 150

and also the big bad boy Gyre wow this thing is amazing in how it makes waves it really looks like the actual ocean the way some of these settings on this thing can do I only played with it for a hour I cant wait to play with the controls tomorrow for this.

CORRECTION

I got the red sea 350 not 150 lol :)

Ok so i some what got the pics of my reefer 350 pics

This is my 4th day for this tank all test are still perfect and tank running smooth and quiet as can be.

Im impressed with the Gyre 150 i only run it at 45% this thing turns so much water in a circle motion through the whole tank its amazing to watch things flot in a circle hitting every dead spot in the tank this is worth the money you pay!

Exciting stuff! You have made some quick progress, great work!

Thank you very much a ton of research and lots of trial and error in my years I have learned to do things in a quick manner but a safe one as well.

The things I do I'm sure wont be for everyone. But with this hobby you always learn new things as well no matter how long you did it not to mention new things coming out.

Now if only I can show the real color of these rocks with the blue lights on them makes the tank look so nice just staring at the rocks.

:)

I'm still not sure what I want for fish I know down the road ill go with a blenny I loved my blenny I had couple years back.

Pods are producing like mad already in the tank to.  Ill post more as I go now that I somewhat know how to post some pics :)

Your rock work came out nice Tim, looking good.

I doubt you will see a cycle at all, that rock was all fully cured, you will be ready for corals in no time.

Thanks buddy everything is looking great and running sweet and all test's so far are perfect as well.

Your great help and thanks for putting up with me and my emails which you always have time to return :)

Looks good that 350 is a nice tank!

Oh man I love it.  When I seen it at travis store and he told me to do research on it and his other tanks which I do with everything I knew after a week of me reading reviews and me doing research that this was a must have tank perfect for me and these tanks with the thick glass the way there built and the way the sump fits in everything is perfect I wish the pics actually show the color of things its amazing looking..

Your rock work came out nice Tim, looking good.

I doubt you will see a cycle at all, that rock was all fully cured, you will be ready for corals in no time.

btw that Gyre is a big wow I can only keep it at 45% unless I want to move the Titanic this thing is a water moving beast well worth the price.

There isn't a place in the tank that water isn't moving in all the holes of the rocks I see it moving to.  I had to mess with it for a few days to get the settings right.

I think I found constant flow to work great for what I like then put it on pulsate in the mornings to watch with the blue lights on looks like a morning at the Ocean love it :)