January Meeting - Guest Speaker - Dr. Timothy Miller-Morgan

JManrow

Our special Guest Speaker in January will be Dr. Timothy Miller-Morgan, from Hatfield Marine Science Center, Newport, Oregon.

He will be giving a presentation on "Marine Fish Disease Recognition and Treatment".

Also, Dr. Tim has a 10 minute "Bonus Video" that was made on the Rio Negro that he will share at the end of his talk.

This event is brought to you by the Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society, and admission is Free.

As usual, we will also have a coral "frag swap", as time allows.

Coffee and Refreshments will be served.

The presentation will be on Sunday, January 10th, from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM at:

Tualatin Hills Nature Park & Interpretive Center

15655 SW Millikan Way
Beaverton, OR 97006

We will meet in the "Beaver Den" room.  http://www.eventective.com/USA/Oregon/Beaverton/574403/Tualatin-Hills-Nature-Park-Interpretive-Center.html

"Dr. Miller-Morgan has 30 years of experience in aquatic animal medicine and husbandry. The last 16 years have been primarily focused on fish and aquatic invertebrates. He is currently an aquatic veterinarian working in Newport, Oregon, USA. He is based at the Hatfield Marine Science Center (HMSC), a major marine research institution associated with Oregon State University. He serves as a clinical veterinarian for aquatic animals at Oregon State University and for fish and invertebrates at the adjacent Oregon Coast Aquarium. He is also an extension veterinarian with Oregon Sea Grant Extension. In this capacity he provides outreach, education and clinical services to the ornamental fish industry. Dr. Miller-Morgan is also an assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Aquatics Section Head at the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory at Oregon State University, College of Veterinary Medicine. Here he teaches courses in fish medicine and health management and coordinates the aquatic health services at the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. He is also the co-creator and an instructor with the Aquarium Science Program at Oregon Coast Community College in Newport. This unique program trains husbandry professionals for work in public aquaria, research laboratories, aquaculture facilities and the ornamental fish industry."

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for bump Kim! I totally forgot about this. Reminder, this is the place we had a meeting before (where many of us were late because we had no idea it existed :-))

Great that means I better go early looking forward to seeing some faces.. Just no pics I don't like Cameras :)

Here is a map to

Tualatin Hills Nature Park & Interpretive Center

15655 SW Millikan Way
Beaverton, OR 97006

It is located right off of Hwy 8 (Tualatin Valley Hwy), between the towns of Beaverton and Aloha, OR.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//15655+SW+Millikan+Way,+Beaverton,+OR+97006/@45.4980971,-122.9096578,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54950ef29307b997:0xb7a5c90778a45003!2m2!1d-122.839618!2d45.4981185

Can someone put up a recap or any interesting points? I was unable to make it out today.

I'm sure Badxgillen will have something up here shortly!

It  was nice meeting you folks and thanks for the swaps while i was there  took me couple hours to dip and put everything in but there there :)

Looking forward to another event to meet more of you all.

Nice meeting you too!

• Like 1